Chapter 16 (part 2)

After my Mom and Dad left, the mansion cleared up. The guests left already but me while Laura's sister, Lilly and her husband will be leaving tomorrow morning. When will Chace plans to get me back to the city? I thought to myself. His father, Mr. Arthur Morris calls his attention after mom and dad leave; talking about business as it is. Since then, I never saw him. I look for him around the house but he's nowhere to be found, it's a huge mansion after all.

After somewhat half an hour of searching for him, I went to the kitchen to find something to drink. I got thirtsy looking for this him. I made my way to the main kitchen only to find Jake and his baby Ashley at the wide island counter. I am about to abort my plan of entering the area because of course, I don't want his baby momma sniffing around me and interrogating me about things I don't have any care about. But I'm too late. Here he is, my very faithful ex-fiancé darting his hazel brown eyes on me.

"Blake." He utters.
There's no way in hell I would make a conversation with him. But I don't want to be rude. Plus I'm freaking thirsty! I need a freaking glass of any sort of liquid that can be drink and soothes my now dry throat.

"Oh. You're here.. and Ashley." I glance at the brown haired baby sitting on the countertop fidgeting something on her tiny hands.

"I'm just gonna grab some water to drink." I add, grabbing a glass on the side counter.

"Sure. Don't mind us." Jake politely replies.
Sure I won't. I open the two door stainless steel fridge and grabs a pitcher of water and poured some in my empty glass.

I glance Jake through my peripheral vision and saw him playing with his baby. I wonder why he's always baby sitting his baby. It was only once that saw Lilly taking care of her baby the entire time.

I drink up the glass of water and emptied it. Ahh. Refreshing. Thirts quenching.

I place the empty glass at the sink near me and was about to go back on searching my boyfriend. I mean, my fake boyfriend. When suddenly,

"What do you want? Your wife must not see me around you or either near you. I'm in so much stress for this day and the last thing I want is having your wife bitching around me." I jerk a little when Jake get a hold of me. He's actually looking a bit startled by my tantrum. Good for him.

"Why would she do that?" Jake asks as my words hit him up now in his consciousness.

"It's not me you should be asking." I blab.

"Stop! Wait. I am just going to give this back to you. I think it's yours. You must have drop it at the bathroom." Jake mumbles and hands me what seems to be a piece of jewelry. It's my tennis bracelet that Chace had me to wear. I must have dropped it in the bathroom when I tried to block Lilly's evil attempt of slapping me. I didn't even notice it missing. Gosh! Chace will kill me if I happen to lost this expensive jewelry. I get a hold of the bracelet and scans my ears momentarily if my earings aren't missing too. Thankfully they're still on.

"Oh my gosh! Jake! Thank you. Chace will surely go crazy once I lose this for sure." I sincerely thank him for giving it back to me while he carries his baby on his arm. He's really good with his baby. I never seem to picture him doing these sort of things when we were still engaged. Erase erase! Erase that memory. I must not think of anything about our past.

"No problem." Jake simply replies with a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Wait, how did you know it was mine?" I ask curiously.