Chapter 1: When a door closes, windows will open.

"OMG! He really did that?! He's such a dick!"

Candice's voice explodes.

Everyone in the coffee shop are now looking at our direction. Candice is my best-friend since as long as I could remember. Our family are friends that is why we are so close to each other that we even treat each other as sisters.

"Candice! Your voice!"

I say embarrass. I told her I quit my job at JJ Enterprise and that Mr. Jackson, my boss and the CEO, was being psycho-maniac who tried to making a pass onto me on several occasions. He tried to overpower me and blackmailed me that if I don't oblige there would be consequences. So, I finally found my courage and decided to resign and terminate everything I had to do with the company. I will never let anyone trash my whole dignity like this monster has been doing for the past months.

"I told you that freak is an asshole. From the very first time I laid my eye on his face I knew he is trouble. How come you were able to work there for years?!" Candice can't even contain her anger on my previous employer.

"You know, I'm very independent. I need to work my ass out to pay my expenses" I said before sipping on my frappe.

"What about your mom, did you told her about this? I'm sure she and your dad will help you find a better job, or you could even-"

"Stop!" I exclaim as I plaster a hand on her unstoppable mouth.

"I told you I will not ask for any help, especially to my parents. I promise them that I can live with my own and I can get a job even without their connections." I protest, peeling off my hand from Candice's shut mouth before sipping on my freshly brew ice americano once again.

"But.."

"No but Can. Promise me, you wont tell my mom nor my dad that I quit my job especially the reason why I had to. You know what will happen." I say sticking my eyes out to her.

"And don't tell your parents too! If you tell them what happened to me ..."

Before I can even finish what I'm saying, Candice stop me with her palm up in front of my face, protesting she gives up on our arguement.

"Fine. Okay. I won't. Let's just continue your job-hunting moment." Candice sighs in defeat as she stresses the word 'job-hunting'.

After an hour of looking for job openings online...

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" Candice yells with great excitement plaster on her face.

She almost pour me her coffee when she suddenly jolts up to face me.

"What now Candy?" Yup, I sometimes call her Candy especially when we where kids and she would call me    Key, Bla-Bla, Blakey, Lakey, Lake. You name it!

"This is it sissy! The wait is over!" She exclaims with her eyes wide open, her eyeballs almost popping out.

"What?! Did you find one? Because if not we are leaving" I stress.

We've at the coffee shop for hours now and I can't handle any caffeine anymore.

"This is it B! Look!"

Candice shove the ipad to me and almost drop it because of her unconfined excitement.

"What about it?" I utter as I scan the screen where the official website of Morris Holdings and Co. is in full view.

"Blakey!" She says then scrolls down and halt to the flashing "NOW HIRING" sign pinned at the lower right side of the page.

"OMG Candice! You're a genius!" I exclaim.