Chapter 16 (part 1)

B's POV

I can't believe we really did kissed, on the lips. It feels surreal that even at that little moment I felt something inside me. Like a firework exploded brightly inside me. We parted from our kiss but Chace still holds me tight as I hold my balance in his arms. His dark dilated grey eyes lock on mine. The rhythm of our heartbeats is all I could hear. I want to push him away but I can't seem to move a muscle. I'm hypnotized by him.

"Are you alright?" Chace disrupt me but his voice so soft I almost can't hear it. I just nod after a few seconds of processing what had just happened. Then I just realize that everyone in the venue are looking at us, cheering and clapping as they witnessed our very first kissed together. Even the main spotlight of this event were cheering and are in full smiles at our little moment together. I move a little making Chace loosen up his hold of me as we both blushed at the attention that our kiss drawn to the crowd.

"Thank you for that lovely little show. How sweet these two love birds are. They make me feel jealous that I'm single." The emcee emerged from the side. "Let's give them another round of applause as we celebrate love ." He adds up.

Chace and I went back to our sits with our family as they still giggling and cheering on us.

"How lovely is that." Mom giggles.

"So when is the wedding?" Chace's cheerful mom added and giggles together with my mom.

Chace and I just shared a knowing glance. I can't believe this is happening right now. This is taking us further and further, making this lie a little harder to handle. I drink my champange while Chace fork his now cold steak.

"Oh don't rush them. I'm sure they will eventually get in that stage. Just don't make it a little longer because granny is not getting any younger. I still want to see my future grandchildren with the both of you." Granny clasp her hands excitedly while imagining the things she just said.

I choke on my champange after hearing what Granny just said, spilling a little sparkly drink on my lovely dress.

"Oh my god honey are you okay?" Mom and everyone in our circle land their eyes on me as Chace grabs a tissue from beside and hands it to me.

"Thank you." I utter as I grab the tissue from Chace's hand and wipes the drink on my now slightly damped dress. It was just a little mess thanked God. The dress wasn't really ruined.

"You sure you're fine?" Chace asked me one more time whispering closely to my ear. It sends shiver all over me.

"Yeah. Thanks. It was just the champange. I drunk a little too much." I lied. But Chace pursed his lips and quirks a smile. He too almost choke after hearing Granny's confession but he hide it well enough. No one notice it because of my ungracefulness. Thanks to me Chace.

I am inside the powder room when Lilly enters.

"So." Lilly stressed out making sure I will notice her. Of course I will see her. The room is not that big for us to not see each other. But I didn't mind her so she moves closer to me that almost made me sneeze when I inhale her very strong perfume scent. It's a mixed of a strong raspberry, baby powder and cinnamon scent that made me a little nauseous. What the hell was that scent!

"So what now?" I asked her in a boring tone making her create this sarcastic-bitchy-tone that I never ever heard anyone did. The least that I want to do now is to have this stupid argument with her.