Chapter 27

Ashley's POV
(Fast forwarded to when Ashley and Joe walk into the hospital IN RHODE ISLAND to see Jenna and Charlie)

I was walking down the hall way of the hospital. My heart was beating, and I was sweating. Joe could tell I was nervous to see what happened to Jenna and Charlie, so he grabbed my hand.
We made it to Jenna's room first. I opened the door, and slowly walked in. I saw her laying there, pale, sick, she looked horrible. I couldn't help but cry. Joe pulled me into a hug, trying to comfort me.
After a few minutes, I calmed down, so I walked over to Jenna, who was asleep. A nurse walked in and greeted us, "so what's wrong with her?", I asked the nurse. "Well she's in a comma, and sadly we are estimating that she will be in a comma for about 6 months, and if she's in it longer than 6 months, she may not make it", the nurse starts. "s-six months?", I asked, feeling the tears start to escape my eyes. "Yes, and she shattered her pelvis, and she is paralyzed from the waist down, and may never be able to walk again", the nurse continues as she changes Jenna's IV. I break down crying. I couldn't help it. I fell onto the ground. My best friend my not live, and if she does, she's paralyzed.
"Could I have a minute alone with her?", I asked the nurse and Joe. "Sure honey", the nurse says leaving the room.
Joe kissed my head, and left.
I took a deep breath grabbing Jenna's hand. "Hi Jenna", I start, holding back my tears, "I can tell that your pretty beat up. That nurse says that you may never be able to walk again, well I think that's bull shit, your a strong ass girl, and I know that even if your paralyzed, you'll get through that therapy. I hope this six months goes by fast, and I promise you as soon as you wake up, I'll come see you", I continue. I take a moment of silence. After a few minutes I get up and kiss her on the head, and I slowly walk out of the room, wiping away my tears. I grab Joes hand and we walk to Charlie's hospital room.
When we get to his room, I brace myself for what I'm about to see. I walk in, and see him laying there on his phone. He has a black eye, and a swollen cheek. He has IV's in his arms, and an oxygen tank. I stood there, staring at him, waiting for him to notice me.
Once he looked up at me, I saw him smile. He held out his arms, so I ran over and hugged him, "Charlie I'm glad your okay", I whisper. After our long hug, I pull a chair up next to his bed. "So what happened?", I asked him.
"Well, it was dark, and Jenna and I were driving to go to McDonald's, and we were going around a turn, and a car slammed into us, then I blacked out. But basically I have a black eye, I broke my jaw, and I broke my ribs, and it is giving my breathing problems, so they put me on an oxygen tank", Charlie says, coughing, causing him to moan in pain.
I shake my head "this is horrible."
"Hi Joe, sorry I didn't notice you were here", Charlie laughs.
"No worries, glad you guys made it out alive", Joe says, shaking Charlie's hand.

"Did you hear about Jenna?" I asked Charlie. He nodded, tearing up a bit, "I hope she lives."
I nodded.

After a little bit at the hospital, Joe and I decided to go see my mom.
When we got there, she was at work, so Joe and I let ourselves in.
I decided to make dinner for all of us, so I made chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn.

Joe set the table, as I finished the cooking. I made cookies as well.

Joe and I sat on the couch waiting for my mom to get home. I came home three days early, and my mom didn't know, so I was planning on surprising her.
After a little bit, I heard a car door, I looked out the window and saw my mom walking onto the porch, Joe and I stood by the door, as my mom opened it. "Surprise!", I yelled, causing her to jump back. "Oh my goodness you scared me!", She said walking into the house holding her heart. I pulled her into a hug. When we let go, she hugged Joe. "What smells so good?", she asked taking off her coat.
"Joe and I made dinner for us three", I said putting my hands on my hips smiling gigantically.

We all made our plates and sat down at the table. "So honey, I have something to tell you", my mom said to me, takin a bite of her corn.  I looked up at her.  "So, I know it may seem too soon, but I'm seeing somebody", she said to me, nervousness showing through her eyes. I nearly choked on my mashed potatoes, "what?"
"I know honey, but he's a great guy", she said trying to get me to accept this.
"Mom, it's really soon. Dad just passed and your fucking seeing somebody already?", I screamed at her, standing up.
"Ash, calm down", Joe said making me sit back down.  "No! Your pathetic mom! I'm fucking pissed! I'm leaving tomorrow", I said throwing down my napkin, running up stairs, into the guest room, throwing myself onto the bed.
How the hell could she start dating someone when dad just died! I thought to myself.
After a few minutes I got into the shower, thinking about everything that has happened to me in the past few months. My dad dying. Jenna and Charlie getting into a wreck. Moving in with Zoella. Becoming friends with a lot of new Youtubers. Most importantly, finding the guy that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Joe.

-----

Ohhhh shit, her mom is seeing someone, already..

Please vote and comment what you think.

QOTD- Whats your middle name?

~FloatingPuppies:)