Monsoon

I awoke as sun-light peeked through my airy white curtains. I had to squint my eyes so they could adjust to the bright light. I was wrapped in my warm and cozy blankets, and engulfed in a loving yet lazy feeling. I was dressed in my big sister's shirt which was loose on my smaller frame, but I liked it . Even though it was worn down and used frequently it was still as soft as silk and it smelt just like her, lavender with a hint of lilies.

I slowly stretched in bed, feeling the light fabric ride up my slim torso and twist up at the top. Throwing the duvet off of my body I looked around and my eyes landed on my bedside calender, it was Monday. 'Oh joy!' I thought unenthusiastically in my mind. I took a deep breath in but stopped right away as my senses went on overdrive and my mouth watered. I could smell my mom cooking bacon.

Oh how I love Bacon! 

I sat up in bed and stretched once more, my back cracked a bit relieving all the tension there. Sighing I got up, and I began to walk over to my black dresser and pulled out a pair of red jeans. I also grabbed a black long sleeved shirt, with red stripes. It was so soft, I could almost go back to bed in it. I quickly stripped and got changed as the thought of the delicious bacon crowed my mind. I ran to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Then pulled out my make-up bag. I was planning on doing a smokey eye today, because you never know when you will meet your mate and I honestly don't want him thinking I'm unattractive or not good enough. 

 It would break my heart if he rejected me for my appearance or status. I on the other hand wouldn't care how he looked, I would choose him over any Abrocrombie and Fitch model any day cause he's my other half. He was meant for me. 

After finishing my make-up, I stared at the mirror and brushed out any knots in my long, dirty-blond, hair. No matter what I do, it always gets knotted for some reason. Looking at myself in the mirror I gave myself a weak smile and walked back into my messy room. Slipping on my red converse, I slung my blue Jansport back pack on one shoulder, while walking out of my room. I practically skipped down the stairs, landing gracefully on the bottom step. I smiled widely as I thought;

'God, I love being a werewolf.'

When I opened the kitchen door, the smells of Bacon,eggs, and toast all hit my nose at once. Licking my lips I ran to the island and grabbed a plate piled with food, while simultaneously taking a seat. I dug in not worried about my manners as my big bro who is only two years my senior at 20 took a seat next to me, grabbing a plate he said "Morning piglet." Ugh! He was so cheery and just annoying.

He also knows how much I hate that nickname, It's probably the only reason he calls me that. Also, because my wolf is a bit smaller than everyone else at my age."Why can't you just call me by my name?" I growled trying to look mad, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work since he laughed. But surely enough he put his hands up in defence and smiled. "Sorry, Jaye" he emphasized on my name, mocking me. I just sighed at that, he thought every thing was funny.

"Ugh! Whatever. So what are you doing today, Jason? Or should I say 'Mr.Alpha?" I asked, taking a bite of Bacon. My mom's bacon has to be the best. 

"Well, sweet little sister of mine, I have to go and do some pack duties, and after that I am going to go pick up my mate since she's moving in with me today." he informed me. I envied the fact that he had already found his mate, I long to find mine. But it was expected that he take things with her very fast, since he was an alpha, their relationship needed to blossom faster. It has only been a week since they met and he already marked her and now she was moving in with him.

 It saddens me how they have met the love of their lives already, yet I was waiting. I of course have to be happy for him, he's my brother after all. I got up feeling a pang of sadness, but quickly pushed it aside.

"Well, I've got to get going. I can't wait for school to be over with"  I exclaimed with excitement.

"12th grade" Jason frowned "My baby sister is growing up..." he trailed off. I stood up, put my plate in the sink. I turned away from my brother all together, giving my mom a hug I closed my eyes in contentment and smiled. I always felt safe and loved in her embrace, I tried to let go and move away but she wouldn't let go. "Um, mom?" I murmured awkwardly

"Shh, you're growing up too fast." mom complained as I pushed out of her grip, I looked at her heart shaped face taking in her soft features. Her striking blue eyes always looked so inviting and had this light to it, it was unexplainable but it drew you in like a moth to a flame. I smiled at her one last time   and before leaving, kissed Jason on the forehead.

"Hope your girlfriend doesn't get jealous" I giggled mischievously.

"She won't" he assured me chuckling 

I walked out of the house, closing the heavy wooden door behind me. I began to walk down the road towards hell, (A.K.A school) when Bryant (my best friend) came running towards me.

"Hey!" he yelled as her swept me up into a bear hug. "Ahhh!! Let me down you lunatic!" I laughed as he spun me around. He put me down but as soon as I was on the ground he slung his arm around my shoulder and he began to lead me back to the way for school.

"So, how was summer for you?" he asked with genuine curiosity. "I spent the whole vacation with you or Sierra (my girl best friend)." I answered, just as I saw Sierra running towards me, but someone was with her.

"Where have you been this last week?" I questioned her as she neared us. Then, as the strange guy and my red haired best friend reached us I could see they were actually holding hands.

"Oh..." I whispered looking away.

"Hi guys!" she squealed. "This is Ashton, he's my mate and I met him when he was moving. Oh and guess what? He moved right across the street from us!"

Well there it goes, almost everyone has a mate...Except for me. Great! 

___________________________________________________________

Most of the chapters are going to be edited by my friend AnthemOfChange so please expect some changes, thank you :)