13: HURT & COMFORT

- CHAPTER THIRTEEN -

.*•🐚.☆

MEGAN

Everything from last night kept playing in my head all day, over and over again like my head was a broken tape that couldn't stop playing itself. It was even worse in school. I didn't have to see Hunter which was good but I had to face his "girlfriend" and his "fake of a friend" brother. Although, his girlfriend didn't speak to me as I was hoping for, his brother had some things to say.

In the beginning when I first asked him about her he told me he didn't know anything but today he confessed to me that he knew the whole time and that he was talking to her the minute he started talking to me. He explained to me that she was Hunters ex girlfriend for two years until they broke up.

We spoke at lunch and I decided that it was the best for me and my mental health if I was gonna get over Hunter and heal that I can longer be friends with him. He understood me which I knew he would. Of course, I told him there would be no bad blood between him and I. I am mad at him though for not telling me the truth sooner and for that he's fake. He let me look stupid. I am just most mad at the fact I wasted my time gaining feelings for Hunter and talking to him.

As for Jacob, we texted a little here and there today. It was nothing too crazy but what is crazy is that I was the one to text first. I don't know. I couldn't get over the fact that he defended me the way he did and I wanted to thank him for that. No one's ever defended me like that before.

"Megan!" My mother shouts from her room.

I get up and quite literally drag myself out of my room to go see what she wants. I just hope it's not stupid.

"Yeah?" I ask her.

"I have to head out in a few minutes but I don't want you cooped up inside for the rest of your day so go out and do something, okay?" She says while brushing her hair as Frank brushes his teeth next to her.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask her.

"We are going shopping and then getting some dinner afterwards." She says putting her brush down, looking at me.

"Again, go do something and you can't use ur brother as an excuse because he's working until later tonight. I'll leave some money for you so you can get some food while your out." She says eyeing me.

"Okay mom." I say as I walk myself right out of her room and back into mine.

Like what does she expect me to do? I'm confused because the last time I checked I don't have friends anymore.