Two hearts, Nurses, Possibilities, and Memories

"Doctor, what do you want to do about these two teenagers we just received?", a nurse asked the physician on call. "We're short on rooms tonight, put them both in room 12. Keep an eye on them, page me if anything, and I mean anything, goes wrong". With that the physician left to finish his rounds. 

The unconscious teenagers lay in their beds, next to each other, not knowing of the other.

A few hours passed, and the nurse returned to check if they were conscious yet. As she walked into the room, she heard the girl mumbling in her sleep. Unable to hear what she was saying, the nurse moved closer.

"Dean", over and over. The nurse assumed it must be her boyfriend and smiled to herself. The prospect of young love always warmed her heart. As she looked over their monitors, she saw the guy's heartbeat get erratic every time the girl called out Dean. Thinking it was just a coincidence (A/N very negligent in real life) the nurse closed the door, walking out of the room after switching off the lights. "Sweet dreams" she whispered.

Dean awoke to the sounds of loud beeps. When it wouldn't stop after a few seconds, he groggily tried to get up, off what he assumed was a bed but found some wire like structures restricting his free movement. Allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness, he realized that he was in a hospital room and the beeping was the sound of the monitor of the patient in the next bed. Confused, he pulls the portable monitor with him as he walks toward the next bed.

"Amy" he breathed out once he recognized the blond hair, and the face of the girl who blamed him for her broken heart. As he stood there taking in her beauty, even with the color drained from her face, her beautiful face illuminated by the few streams of light entering the room despite the blinds. He reached out to touch her, getting a sudden sense of deja vu. Snapping out of it, he allows his fingertips to run across her cheeks when suddenly the heart monitor starts beeping very erratically. He is pushed out of the way as nurses enter and try to calm her heart. Dean slides down the wall closest to him, his head in his hands, trying to stop it from spinning.

After taking care of Amy, the nurse notices that Dean is awake and walks over to him. "What is your name?" she asks in a soft voice, judging by his position that he was uncomfortable. "Dean" he croaks out hoarsely, which she takes to be a sign that he needs water. After pouring him a glass of water, she helps him back onto his bed, for further questioning.

"Do you know this girl, dean?" She asks him. He simply nods. "Why am I..are we here?"

"We received two 911 calls, and you two were brought in. We didn't have any other rooms, so you were kept together. How do you know her?"

"Amy. Have our parents been notified?"

"We weren't able to identify you, so we didn't know who to call? Are you her boyfriend? She kept saying your name in her unconscious state. I will come back in a few minutes with some food for you, and papers for both of you. Would you like anything else?"

He nods his head 'no'. As the nurse leaves, he walks over to Amy, pulling up a chair, sitting down and grabbing her hand. "What happened to you?" He asked quietly. Waiting patiently for the nurse to return, he fell asleep by Amy's bed, holding her hand. When the nurse returned, she decided to let them be, and left with the papers. Those could wait.

The next morning, Dean ate and filled out the forms. After filling out his own, when he started to fill hers out, he realized just how little he knew about her. He called Ella, and asked her to come to the hospital. When Ella got there, she helped him fill out the form, and he memorized everything about Amy, without even meaning to. Ella told him that Amy's parents were out of town and couldn't be home alone. Dean decided he would stay at her place with her, until her parents returned.

When Amy awoke after a few hours, she saw a silhouette of a man sitting in the chair near her bed.. A hospital bed? 'Why am I in a hospital bed? What happened?' She wondered. Dean got up when he felt her move in her bed, standing over her, he smiled awkwardly. "Amy, I'm so glad you're awake!" "Me too" she giggled, "but who are you?"

A/N I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded in a LONG time. I wasn't sure how to continue. Thank you so much for reading my story. I love you all :)