A Random Disaster!

I was going to visit Brian at the pool today. I was FER-REAKING out. I was still afraid of the water, but I knew that if he were there then all would be well. But I was still afraid that he may need to step away at any given moment and the water may take that chance to attack.

As I walked through the fence a few details hit me a little at a time. One, there wasn’t any water in the pool. Two, there wasn’t anyone around other then Brian and a few older gentlemen and a lady.

They were moving furniture inside and locking up the snack bar. I was totally confused; they weren’t supposed to close up until six o’clock.  They weren’t done for the season either, the season ended in the middle of September. I would know I took the liberty to checking so I knew when Brian got to quit and stop living on such a dangerous edge!

I was about to ask someone when my phone went off.

‘Who says you not pretty? Who say’s you’re not beautiful..”

I then started belting out, “Who says you’re not star potential. Who says you’re not presidential? Who says you can’t be in movies? Listen to me, listen to me.  Who says you don’t pass the test? Who says you can’t be the best?!!!”

Brian then caught a glimpse of me and had a shocked look on his face. He was on his way over when I answered and held a hand up for him to wait.

ME: “Hello.”

Caller: “Random, it’s Christie. I can’t come to the pool, well I can’t really go outside because--“

She didn’t finish her sentence, because the line went dead. I put my phone back in my bad and turned towards Brian.

ME: “Hi, Handsome!”

I leaned in on my tip toes and gave him a kiss. It was brief very brief.

Brian: “What are you doing here?!”

ME: “You made me agree to come here every day for you shift.”

Brian: “Random there’s a storm coming in, are you crazy.”

He was raising his voice at me frantically; I can’t say it made me feel very loved.

ME: *sniffles* “I’m not crazy, I’m random!”

Brian: “Is that all you got from what I just said.”

ME: “Stop yelling at me like a crazy person!”

I was about to cry and I did not want my makeup to run.

Brian: “Random, there is a really big storm coming in and you need to go home.”

ME: “You don’t want me anymore?”

Tears were free falling down my face. Before he could respond, I stomped my foot and yelled.

ME: “Look what you did; now my makeup is running.”

He was laughing, laughing. At my makeup stained face!

I was about to stomp away when a huge gust of wind blew through. My hair whipped around my face, lacing around my neck nearly choking me, as I frantically tried to untangle it from my neck I yelled at Brian.

ME: “Get this wind to stop right now! It’s messing up my hair, and I can’t breathe!”

He grabbed me by the forearm and tried to pull me somewhere.

Brian: “Random we’re in the middle of a natural disaster.”

ME:  “Random disaster if you ask me.”