A Random Date with Brian

My date with Brian is in exactly… three hours! Can you believe it? I only have one hundred and eighty minutes to get ready! It’s a true travesty. I can’t decide what scent I want to give off! I haven’t done my hair and my shoes don’t match.  What if he doesn’t like the color of my skin? I mean, do I have time to go for tan?  Okay, I can’t type and jump around on one foot trying to find the matching shoe. So, please wait right… there!

**********

Okay, PHEW! I found the shoe that matches, oh wait I wanted the other pair. Uhh, dating is stressful, luckily he’s my one and only.

Now I have exactly ninety minutes until he is supposed to arrive.  I’ve done my hair to my exact expectations!  

“You better shut your face and get in your place….”

ME: “Corny, Turn that stupid music down, it’s giving me one of my random headaches!”                              

C: “Random… “

ME: "Shut it, Corny. Not ever you can ruin my buzz."

C: "Yea, What about your hair?"

ME: "No...! Not my hair.

C: "I told you to never call me that."

ME: *Sniffles* "You’re such a jerk."

Excuse me while I try to fix yet another travesty.

Do you have any idea how much work it was to straighten my hair?

C: “Oh, stop crying your hair was already straight before you burned it.”

ME: “Go away, Cornelius. I hate you!”

C: “You’re such a drama queen.”

I am so going to kill him one day; do you think the police will know it was me if I ran sparkles down his throat until he gags to death? Yea, I probably shouldn’t chance it.

********

Okay it’s exactly seven o’clock. He time he had said he would be picking me up.

agitated as I looked at the time above Cornelius’s head. It was getting later and later. Almost right as the clock struck eight I heard a knock at the door. I jumped up to grab it. When I opened it, there was a very handsome Brian standing outside it, but I was going to hold my ground. So I shoved him in the shoulder.

Brian: “Ow, what that for?”

ME: “You’re an hour late!”

He looked confused as he looked down at his watch.

Brian: No I’m not its exactly seven o’clock.

What!?

ME: “What?!”

That’s when I heard Cornelius start cracking up with a fit of laughter. I then made a mad dash for my phone. It wasn’t seven right now was it?

It was!

ME: “Cornelius Abraham Jones, I am going to kill you!”

If you thought he hated Corny you should see his face when you say his middle name.

ME:  “Okay, I got my revenge; let’s go before he gets his.”

I shoved Brian down the sidewalk to his car.

********

He had set up a dinner for two in the park. Can you believe it? Isn’t that so romantic? I think I can endure his cooking for one night. When we get married I’ll be doing the cooking though!