Epilogue ~ Bittersweet

a/n: it would make my day if you guys could check out my newest story, His Honeybee!

please enjoy this epilogue, and thank you for joining me on Lottie and Ben's (very badly planned on my part) love story :) (also, Amity's name has nothing to do with Divergent. i chose it because it means friendly, which is something Lottie would choose if ya think about it)

p.s. the ending of this is a bit dirty lmao just warning you

p.p.s. epilogue title creds to SnickleMyFrickle! thanks babe :)

Epilogue: Bittersweet 

"Where's Daddy?" Amity asked me with her adorable lisp, peeking over the counter at where I was icing some mint chocolate cupcakes.

I smiled at the little cutie pie and passed her the spoon. "He's hiding," I told her. "He knows Mummy will beat him up if I find him." Unlucky Ben, he couldn't escape from me today because we both had a day off - him from his software development job and me from my bakery. Plus, our car was in service, so he couldn't drive away and hide in the safety of Clark's, or Ginny and Zach's house.

She giggled, her pigtails bobbing. "Silly Daddy," she said fondly, smearing chocolate all over her face.

"Yes," I said, moving around the counter to ruffle her hair. I licked my thumb and wiped away a smear of chocolate that she'd somehow gotten on her nose. "Want to help me find him?"

"Can I help beat him up?" she asked eagerly. Maybe that was bad parenting on my part, but she was only three years old, so I figured Ben could handle a little beating from his pint-sized daughter.

"Of course," I agreed warmly, reaching out my hand to her. She grabbed it, and again I marvelled that Ben and I were able to create such a wonderful little girl with half of his knucklehead genes. "Where shall we look first?"

"My room!" She tugged me upstairs.

"We need to make a plan," I whispered.

Amity clapped her hands. "Plan!" she repeated, and I chuckled when I realised she had no clue what I was going on about.

"I'm going to wait outside, and if you find your dad, don't tell him I'm waiting, okay?" She nodded furiously, her pigtails going wild. She had my hair, but Ben's beautiful dark eyes. "And then we attack!"

She giggled, but then clasped her hands to her mouth in horror. "Sh!" she said. "We need to shhh!"

"Right," I said. "We do need to be quiet, we need to be sneaky! Can you tiptoe, angel?" She proudly showed me that she couldn't in fact tiptoe and didn't know what I meant by tiptoe, but she was such a tiny little thing that it didn't even matter. "Perfect," I exclaimed, and we high-fived. "Okay, now check your room."

I leant against the doorframe and watched in amusement as she checked under all her toys for her enormous father. "He's not here, Mummy!" she whispered loudly, disappointed.

"It's okay, angel, we'll check somewhere else." She ran up to take my hand, but then I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. "Wait," I whispered. "Amity, look under your bed." How the heck did he fit under there?

Amity ran over to her bed and dropped to her hands and knees. I shook my head when a hand shot out from under the bed and grabbed her, pulling her underneath. She screamed happily. "Daddy!"

"Give up the chase, my love!" Ben yelled, his voice muffled. "I've got your precious daughter in my grasp and there's nothing you can do about it!"