chapter one | malia

"What's your stance on social injustice, oppression and gay rights?" I asked calmly.

I looked up to see my date, Germaine, looking back at me with a dumbfounded expression. He let out a brief laugh which made me lean my head to the side a little. I wanted to know what was funny. I didn't tell a joke. He looked away for a minute before focusing back on me. "Excuse me, ma?"

I cringed at the word ma, rolled my eyes slightly and repositioned my glasses on my face. I hated repeating myself. It had to be a pet peeve of mine. It was probably number one on the list. I pierced my hazel eyes into his. "I didn't stutter."

"That's a pretty bold question. Can we talk about something lighter since this is our first date?" He looked at me as he wiped his mouth with his napkin. I shook my head, and dropped my fork on the plate. I abruptly got up from the table, weary of this date.

"Whoa, where you going?" He asked, lifting his eyebrow.

I lifted my eyebrow back, daring him to challenge me. "I'm leaving. First of all, you came an hour late. And if I'm not mistaken." I glanced at my Chanel watch. "It is almost eight which means Scandal is coming on."

"Damn, why you acting like a stuck up bitch?" He scoffed.

I smirked. "You clearly do not know the definition of stuck up. Because if I really was, I would leave you with both checks. Now sit down and eat your food."

"This was really a mistake." He mumbled.

"Clearly." I retorted.

By this time, I had drawn an audience. They seemed really amused, but I wasn't here for the show. He shook his head, but did as told. After finishing the rest of my drink, I slipped on my burgundy pea coat. I abruptly gathered my things, dropping them into my Chanel bag.

Although it was dark out, I still slid on my Chanel frames for the drama effect and proceeded out the door after paying for my food. I was tired of the typical dates anyway. Guys weren't creative with them anymore. Movies and dinner is cool, but I'd like for them to think outside the box.

I shook my head as I walked out of the restaurant and bumped into someone. I looked up slightly, and my eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. The guy standing in front of me with sort of a scowl was actually a handsome young man. 

"I'm sor—" I started to say.

"Just watch where you going, aight?" He said without even allowing me to apologize. I didn't miss his Louisiana accent, which would've been cute if he wasn't such a douche.

"I was about to apologize if you didn't decide to be rude!" I yelled as I placed my hand on my side.

He chuckled, as if I amused him. He brushed passed me, walking off. I turned around, shocked that he'd bump me instead of walking around me. I didn't know what the hell was his problem.

"Asshole." I mumbled as I walked away before sighing. "Forgive me, Lord. Not today, Satan."

I was honestly trying to stop cursing. It's not ladylike and it's not helping my spiritually cause. I was doing good because I could've easily cursed Germaine out. I walked to my car, grabbing my keys out of my bag and unlocking it. I slid in, cranking the engine and sped off.