Chapter 34

When I got back to the garage Jake, Damon, Caleb, Kyle, Reece and Liam were still there but they were back to working on the cars. All of them but Jake, because he was working underneath a car, briefly looked up at my arrival before going back to their work. I got out of my car and walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Avery you're coming with me to the race tonight" Jake rolled from under the car and looked at me.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because Gabby will be there and I don't want you in the house alone" He stood up and wiped his hands.

"Seriously Jake, I can take care of myself" I crossed my arms. I just wanted to go back to Gabby's and relax. Trust me I loved watching people race but today was just not the day for me.

"This is my last night here for two weeks please just come with us" He practically begged. I honestly thought he'd be giving me the cold shoulder for the rest of the year.

"Fine but i'm going in my own car"

"The Skyline right?" Liam asked. I looked over at him to see he and Reece were working on my NSX.

"Yeah" I nodded. "I'm sure Austin won't mind me driving the same car" I said with a completely straight face.

"Don't you" Jake pointed at me. "Mention him"

I turned around and joined Liam and Reece, but when I reached them, Austin hit me, emotionally. I had an overwhelming memory flood my mind and it was when Austin asked me to be his girlfriend and when we first kissed. Everything sunk in this morning but I just got this aching feeling. Liam and Reece continued to work on my car for the remaining afternoon and early evening.

Gabby showed up while we were at the garage just before we had to leave and they all had their hoods up as they quickly double checked everything was in place and perfect. The cars they chose were were highly modified. The cars were a vary from Nissan, Buick, Ford and Mazda. Though, not one of them was an import.

"Why am I the only one in the import car?" I put my hands on my hips. Useless question I know.

Jake shrugged. "Let's go" He shut his hood and was followed by the rest of the guys.

It was 8pm and the sky was dark. I was tired, yet I still had to go. "Avery you're driving behind Jake and the rest of us will tow behind" Damon said just before he got in his car.

I got in my Skyline and drove out with everyone else following, once we were out of the garage Jake drove around us until he was in front of me. When I went on the drive earlier I got the hang of changing the gears so it was easier this time. The flutter of my car kept thrilling me every time I heard it which gave me an adrenaline blow.

This time when we arrived at the race track it was wide enough for people to drive in next to each other instead of having to park in a jumbled mess. Everyone stopped and stared as Jake, Caleb, Damon, Liam, Reece, Kyle, Gabby and I entered. There was a space for a couple of cars to park in so we all took the places then turned off our engines.

Jake and the gang got out but I didn't. Why? Because I just so happen to park across from Austin. We all parked across from him and his gang, he looked happy, quite the opposite to what he looked like the night we split up. He noticed me as well, but I guess when I realised he had, I decided to get out of the car. When I shut the door whispers erupted.

"Hey there's Jake sister"

"Can you believe she went out with Austin?"

"Do you reckon they did it?"

"Austin's lucky Jake didn't beat him up"

I was parked next to Caleb so I immediately went to his side as he walked over to Jake. Caleb noticed the rush I was in and cocked an eyebrow but didn't question it. When Jake and the gang began talking about things I knew nothing about, I tuned out and looked at my surroundings.