nine

My breath is heavy as I stand in front of the door to the basement. I can feel something drawing me to go down there, like I'll find something worth while.

My hands shakily reach the metal doorknob, the cool metal touches my skin and I twist it to find it locked. I try and try to turn the knob but it refuses to turn either way. It's odd; this door is never locked, the staff need access to the basement in case of run out of supplies or a washroom break.

I feel a sudden determination to get down there, like there's this internal challenge. I feel a rush of anger and frustration, then I hear a slight chuckle beside me. I look to the left where the sound came but there isn't anything there. I turn around completely and find myself alone in the dim lighting.

I hurry along to the front desk to ask for a master key, the security guard gives me a suspicious look and I roll my eyes. I had told him I needed medical supplies but he is still hesitant to give me.

After a long and rather intense and awkward staring contest, I held the key in my palm.

When I reached the basement door, I felt a wave of uneasiness. The door was cracked open the slightest, I grab the knob and try turn it but it is still locked. I unlock it before trailing down the stairs. The dim lights prevent me from falling forward, but don't do so well at easing my trembling nerves.

I hear a chuckle once more beside me, I flinch slightly but hurry my pace down the steps. I continue hearing this chuckling beside me, I begin to tell myself it's the heating system in the building but any sane person would not believe that.

I feel like my head is pounding as I approach the women's washroom door. I place my palm on my left temple where the sting is and gently massage but it does not go away.

I stop walking down the dark basement hall and my senses come to me. Why the hell am I down here? I don't exactly need to go so I walk by the washrooms and head towards the stairs.

I'm climbing slowly when I feel a rough graze against left my ankle. I gasp and quickly look down, I move my foot to see if something was there like a rodent of some sort but there's nothing.

I wipe the thought away and continue up the steps, after a few steps up, I feel it again on the opposite ankle this time. The cold feeling surrounding my right ankle upward. I stare down and wait to see something, anything but nothing happens. I try to continue to get to the main floor but I can't, my feet have no will to move. I stand in the middle of the stairs and my skin only continues to grow cold, after a beat I feel something grab a hold of my calf. The spot the was once cold now is turning super hot, like a burning. I begin to panic and my heart beings to race. It feels like something is tightly squeezing my right ankle causing some pain.

I grab a hold of the wall and begin to physically shake. The nerves in my body going into overdrive with fear at what is happening. I physically feel like I'm being grabbed roughly by the feet, yet there is nothing there to grab me. My mind is a whirl, I'm not sure if it's my vision but blackness is starting to creep in the corners.

The energy is drained out of my body, I feel like collapsing and passing out. I feel dizzy and my head is heavy, I can see I have a few steps left to the main floor door, I'm not even sure when I started climbing that stairs again but I'm thankful that I'm almost out. I shouldn't have came down here, I don't know what I was thinking but it was pointless.

I grasp the door knob and hiss lightly when the metal stings my hand, I look down at it where I feel a slight burn in the middle of my palm, redness starting to form.

I turn the knob and quickly exist the basement. I immediately feel like a wight has been lifted from my chest, it feels easier to breathe and just...lighter. I catch my breath and recollect my thoughts. As I stand against the basement door panting, I hear commotion down the hallway and lean over to look. I see Zayn and Liam rushing around a few nurses and heading further down the hallway.

I have a suspicion that I should go check in case it was Harry. They did run in the direction of his cell block. I begin walking down the hall and start to rush when I hear deep violent screams coming from down the B block. I begin to run down the corridor to see if anything bad has happened; I notice inmates standing by their cell doors, their heads pressed against the small metal bars, some hands sticking out.

I see the door to Harry's cell is open and my heart begins to beat rapidly. I rush around the door and my eyes are almost fooled by the scene in front of me.

Liam is trying to pin Harry to the ground as Zayn tries to restrain him. Harry is thrashing uncontrollably, I can see from the door how strained his body is, the skin on his face red with anger and the veins on his forehead and neck are pulsing out in an unhealthy manner.

"Violet! Go and get a sedative! We got to get him to the padded room." Liam shouts at me over Harry's loud groans and deep screams.

"Oh the padded room? You think that will be effective, pig!?" Harry shouts mockingly from the floor, spitting in Zayn's face afterwards. Liam groans and Zayn simply wipes the mucus off his cheek and roughly turns Harry on his stomach.

"Violet! For God's sake!" Zayn screams at me and I jump and begin rushing down the hallway.

"False hope!" I hear Harry scream after me, I look back as I rush down the hallway to the nearest nurses' medical office.

"Lies! It's all lies!" I hear another piercing scream and my hands begin to shake. I rush to get the correct drug and rush back down the hall.

Harry is now being held down to the bed, his muscles straining underneath Liam and Zayn's weight. Liam has got his shoulders pinned to the bed trying to get the leather restrains on his wrists while Zayn works on his thrashing legs.

"Vi, come here and sedate him. Now!" Liam shouts over Harry's noises. Now it's more like a mixture of maniac laughing and painful cries. His skin is really red and hot, his veins are literally pulsing out of his skin so much I'm scared he'll pop a blood vessel.

I rush over the side and Liam moves to give me good access and lighting from the hall. I unscrew the needle cap and try to feel around for Harry's veins.

"Pretty one, you're the one I want." Harry says slowly in a raspy tone, the melodic way he said the words makes me ignore him and continue to try to find a decent spot to inject him.

"Don't act like I'm not affecting you little flower" Harry whispers to me and I get a shot of tingles down my back and around my neck. As soon as the feeling happens, Harry lets out a laugh and begins to shake uncontrollably.

"Violet don't listen to him, just find his veins." Zayn snaps as he almost gets kicked in the face, Liam is trying his best to hold his arms still for me.

I finally found one his pulsing veins, I keep my pointer finger on the small vein and bring the needle point to his skin. I begin to push it into his arm and he lets out a shriek.

"You are going to pay for this! Fucking stop!" His yells and thrashes make me feel sick, I continue pushing the sedative into his bloodstream and his shakes begin to stop and his tensed muscles begin to ease. His skin begins to pale rather rapidly, and his breathing becomes increasingly better. I remove the needle once I'm sure he's asleep, and put the used needle into my pocket to dispose of when I exit the room.

"Holy fuck, I did not expect that from him on his first night." Zayn says and he finishes strapping on the leather restraints, Liam doing the same.

"What happened?" I ask and head to the door. The guards exit behind me and lock the door. I wait for their explanation as we begin to walk down the hall and towards the padded room to clear it out for its latest patient.