six

6.

When my alarm disturbs my sleep, I sit up in bed and take a few moments to adjust. My eyes are still hazy and heavy, I stretch and let out a deep breath and tilt my head back to stare at the ceiling. I have an hour to get ready so I take advantage of a few minutes to gather myself.

I begin remembering what happened last night. I read Harry's profile, learned and took in as much as possible for one sitting. I remember seeing the news and learning about the murder of the guy who looked like Logan...holy shit!

Pieces of him showing up at my door at three in the morning come back, I remember him ending up coming inside. I invited him inside, why did I invite him in?

I quickly run to the bathroom in remembrance of the actions Logan and I committed last night. I move my tangled hair so that my neck is exposed, and sure enough there are little noticeable reddish marks scattered around my neck and a few on my chest.

I immediately feel anger, and fear for some unknown reason. I squeeze my eye shut and curse at myself mentally for being so irrational. I don't know what the hell happened to me, that made me want that stranger so badly. It felt like something came over me and made me feel those things, I would have never done that have I been in the right mind.

I try and get myself ready for work, without overthinking and over analyzing. I skip the shower and leave it for when I get home, get my uniform on and do what I can with my hair.

I look into the bathroom mirror and sigh angrily at myself. Frustration over takes me, and all I feel like doing is screaming at something. I close my eyes and slowly count to ten, evening out my breathing all the while.

I go into my room and search for any type of makeup that I can find. I know I won't find much, but I have to find something to cover up these damn things on my skin.

My dresser top only holds a tube of mascara, lip balm, and skin cream. I sigh and push my hands through my hair.

I go back into the bathroom and try to find a hairstyle that will cover my neck. The only way it would work if I left it down completely. I don't really enjoy the thought of having my hair down all day, but I dislike the thought of my boss and coworkers seeing my marks of mistake more.

I enter the living room and see my shorts laying on the floor. I stop and stare at them in confusion. I suddenly remember falling asleep on the couch last night, the pillows placed at the edge and on the floor indicate I was in fact there.

I pick up the clothing and fold it, placing them on the couch ledge. I put on my coat and shoes, grabbing my bag. I walk into the kitchen to grab a bite for the walk to work.

I suddenly stop when I see Harry's profile open and scattered across the table. My heartbeat picks up pace in panic, I know for a fact I put this away last night before I went to sleep.

Logan was here after I fell asleep, did he go through my things? My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a glass break in the one of the rooms. I carefully walk down the hall and look into each of the three rooms searching for broken glass.

I walk into my room and look around the side of my bed. I see the white glass bowl I had my grapes in the previous night on the floor in broken pieces. I leave the pieces on the floor and get to the front door, having to leave. I shove all of the papers back into the folder and place it in my bag. I go to the fridge and grab an apple for the way.

*

It's around eleven, my day has been slow so far. I thought Harry was supposed to be arriving? It is a long trip from Europe so maybe there is a delay of some sort.