seven

7.

After my 'delightful' encounter, I headed to the lunch room to help clean up. Since I basically ditched my shift because of that asshole, I figured I could at least clean the mess.

I enter the room and am met with the usual big mess that is left after lunch. I begin going around the tables and picking up the plastic food trays that scatter the room. After that I wipe down the tables and move to put the left out activities away.

In all it took maybe twenty minutes, it was almost one so I made my way to where Mr. Saunders' office was.

I stood outside the wooden door for a good minute before I knocked. Once I heard the 'come in' I entered quietly and stood at the door. 

"Violet, please sit." He said, I slowly took one of the chairs in front of his desk and looked at my lap. I feel like I'm in trouble for something. 

"Now I expect you went over Mr. Styles' file last night?" He asks while shuffling papers.

"Yes sir, I read them all over." I answer and he nods in approval.

"Now, do you think you can handle this patient?" He questions me, his eyes are locked on my face and I can't help but feel small and intimidated under his stare.

"Yes I do sir. I read the notes from the previous caretakers and have had a long debate with myself. I believe I can do this." I answer honestly. I think once I meet this guy, I would be able to get to a side nobody, not even him, knows is inside of him.

"You understand his convictions, his stability, and the threats with taking this job. Correct?" He leans forward and I lean back. My breath is getting shaky but I don't want to falter under my bosses' eye.

"I do; I've thought about it, and I want to try and open him up so that he can come to terms with his life and choices." I respond and Mr. Saunders leans back in his chair, rubbing his chin.

"Alright Miss Kane, I believe you are suitable enough for this task. Though I must warn you, there have been reports of strange activity with his recent caretakers. The rest of the reports written on him have gone missing. So if he gets out of hand or you feel threatened in any way, I will have Zayn and Liam be the guards specifically for this patient for the time being. Report anything suspicious to them." He says in a dismissive way. I begin to stand when he speaks up again. I stand fully and wait for him to speak before making my way out.

"Now, he is on his way here. Though he won't arrive until later in the night, after hours most likely. Stay and wait for him; when he arrives, take him to cell block B and in any open room depending upon behaviour. Things go south, the padded room is always open." He says, I nod and walk towards the door. I exit without another word, letting out a heavy breath when I close the door behind me.

*

It's about two in the afternoon, I have just finished making my rounds with the housekeeping. I change the sheets and make the beds, then next week I go and do the same thing. I was supposed to have someone to help me, Karla her name is; with the sanitizing of the floors and gathering laundry, but I guess she didn't want to show up. I seen her earlier, slacker.

My feet are terribly sore, and I feel awfully tired for this time of day. My usual work shift isn't even over, and I have to stay after hours. This is unusual; I never get tired or exhausted on the job, at the end of the day when I've long been at home sure but not this early.