Let's Call it Love:Chapter 8 Welcome Back

Let's Call It Love

Chapter 8

Welcome Back

I was in some kind of party with my old classmates from my other school. It was a weird party because my old crush was there. A typical party I guess. I was walking around to find none of my friends around. It was weird.

I saw Zane with some of his friends that were talking and looking at me at the same time. I gave them a confused look. One of his friends, as I knew he was named Kale, went next to me.

Zane and the others dismantled and went somewhere else. I turned to Kale who was giving me a small smile.

"Do you need something?" I asked him, giving a confused look.

He said nothing but held on to my right arm like a koala bear. I started to push him off but he kept on holding on tighter.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

No answer. Even if he answered, I probably woudn't have heard him because of the crowd.

I started to run and run, not knowing where to go. It turns out that the party is really big. I struggled to get out of his grasp but it's too hard.

"Let go!"

I decided to be a bit violent with this to get him off. I made him go down to the ground and tried to make him let go. I succeeded and ran and ran.

Turns out he saw where I was going and ran towards me catching up and getting my right arm again. Is this guy crazy?

It went on and on like this for an uncountable time. I was getting tired. I stood somewhere with faint sweat running down my face. To my surprise he let go of my arm. He gave me a huge smile as walked silently back to his friends who was now mantled. Was that a dare?!

I got out of that dream noticing my face was beaded with sweat. I wiped it off laughing at myself quietly.

I was a little too early but went to the shower and dressed. I didn't bother to get breakfast today, I didn't have the appetite. I walked to school a little early because barely anyone was in class. I mean, it's only me.

I'm surprised that they open the school early. I went to my desk and laid my head on my bagpack. I closed my eyes, seeing nothing but darkness. I began to drift off to sleep but remembered not to. I felt the chair next to me move. I raised my head to find a tired Dalton next to me.

"Didn't sleep well either?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "I couldn't sleep. At all last night. Something is bothering me." It still looks like he's full of energy.

"Ah, I got a nightmare," I shivered thinking if Kale.

"I want to sleep," he said, his eyelids droop but opened again.

"I want to ditch school so I can sleep," I complained.

He wagged his index finger at me, laughing drowsily.

"No bad thoughts, Missy," he warned me. I stuck my tongue out.

"Let's go get coffee," I told him.

I rose up and so did he, and we went to the cafeteria. I ordered coffee for both of us and he paid for it. The lady looked at us terrified as she gave the coffee.

"Sorry Miss, we are just very tired," I apologized to her.

She nodded.

I grabbed both of our coffee and sat down in a table. I took a sip out of it and warmth went into my body. I felt a sudden surge of energy.