C h a p t e r 6

"Are you kidding me?" Jai mumbles.

"It's not that bad." I tell him.

"It's not that bad? Charley! I have a show tonight. The boys said to be there by 5. Meet and greet starts at 5:30! I'm going to be so late!" He panics.

I look at my phone for the time. It was 4:20.

"Look it might not even take that long." I reassure him. He rolls his eyes and slides to the floor.

"We wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't of had to wait for you." He says.

I scoff, "What, so this is my fault is it?"

"Well it's not mine is it? I mean if you weren't here, none of this would of even happened."

"Wooooooow. Okay" I nod, folding my arms.

"Why'd you even take this job?" Jai mutters.

"Well, unlike you, I have ambitions. Like go to uni, get a job, help out my family." I say, "it's not as though I just took the job because of you. I took it for the experience."

"Do you actually think I don't have ambitions?" He asks.

I shrug, "do you?"

He scoffs, "Of course I do! If this Janoskians thing didn't work out, I'd wanna possibly go to university, study maybe art, start a family. I'm not just a stupid player Charley."

I sigh, "Sorry."

He looks down at the floor. I roll my eyes and sit beside him, feeling like that's what I was suppose to do.

"Why are you near me?" He asks with disgust.

"Wow okay, just trying to be nice!" I hold my hands up in defence.

"You annoy me."

I huff, "Likewise."

*    *    *

It had been half an hour and I had resulted to listening to music on my phone and playing Tetris.

I was utterly and completely bored.

Jai was no fun. He was grumpy and didn't say a word to me. I heard a few mumbles slip out of his mouth, but nothing directly being said to me.

Suddenly the lights started to flicker.

"Now what's fucking happening?" Jai curses.

I stop my music and focus on what was happening. I suddenly felt the elevator start jolting.

And then it started moving in a downwards direction.

I stood up in excitement, "Finally!" I cheered.

We came to a stop and the doors opened, revealing the lobby.

"Air!" I said as I walked out.

"Stop being so dramatic"Jai rolled his eyes. I didn't even physically see him, I just knew that he did.