Chapter 20

"Someone help meeeeeeee!!!!" Sasuke hissed in his quietest voice, leaping down the flight of stairs and into the kitchen where the rest of his family was. Naruto was still asleep in the bedroom and Sasuke managed to sneak out without waking her up. Itachi looked up from his phone, Fugaku from his newspaper and Mikoto from her book. "What's wrong?" Mikoto asked worriedly.
"Shhh." Sasuke shushed her and gestured for them to gather closer. Itachi and their parents shared a look but shrugged, moving to comply. "Her birthday is coming." Sasuke breathed.
"And?" Itachi prompted.
"I don't know what to do." Sasuke admitted. After not talking to her for years, she might have changed a lot more for all he knows.
"What do you guys normally do for her birthday?" Itachi asked.
"We would go to the arcade, watch movie, run around chasing each other and trying to win the game of tag or whatever we were playing, chasing each other down the street with nerf guns and snowballs and anything that we can get our hands on outside. It's always different each year."
"Is that the reason why you came home one day with leaves and stick stuck in your hair while she had mud on her face and both of you were soaked." Fugaku asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh that... We were running and next thing we knew where that we were in the water, that wasn't technically all the nerf guns' fault." Sasuke explained absently.
"What about on your birthday?" Mikoto asked, an eager look on her face. Sasuke never shares what the two does but he would always come home with a silly grin or a peaceful look on his face. "We did lots of things. Once She took me flying, we flew to another country on her own private jet to visit their amusement park before flying back for dinner. Or she would just chill at home with me to watch a movie or play games. The list is so long."
"What about the presents? What do you give her?" Fugaku asked, his arms crossed but his eyes sparkled with interest, as did Itachi's and Mikoto's.
"... I gave her lots of stuff." Sasuke said, purposely being vague, not wanting to let them know that he had made a stack of cards with 'things I like about you' as the topic. Or those cheesy 'open me when...' Envelopes. Or those rolled up messages all dropped into a bottle for her to open when she is feeling upset and needed a reminder of fun stuff they did. He completely objects to letting them know he surfs through Pinterest. The three Uchihas' twitched in annoyance at his avoidance.
"What does she give you then?" Itachi asked, changing the question and hoping to get some more information.
"... She always gave me those DIY stuff she sees on Pinterest or whatever that I had wanted but hadn't gotten. Or she would make print pictures of us and put it into a book with little messages." Sasuke said, unaware of the small smile that graced his lips, making the others smirk.
"What have you thought about doing?"
"Amusement park your she wouldn't really enjoy it when she can't, you know, walk. I wanted to then take her to a nice restaurant. But she's not into romantic stuff like that." Sasuke said, shooting down his own ideas. Then they heard a thud, followed by another and another.
Sasuke rushed up to see a groggy Naruto rubbing her eyes with her phone in hand and a cute pout on her lips. "Temari wants to talk to you. I don't know why." Naruto mumbled as she tried to sit up whilst holding out the phone to Sasuke.
Sasuke took the phone as Itachi carried her into the bathroom so Mikoto could bath her to keep her busy. Sasuke was standing in the corner as he pressed the phone to his ear. "I know I wasn't the best husband... I'm sorry... What I said I was sorry. What do you want to talk to me about?" Sasuke has received a short rant about him being bad to Naruto. "Alright let's do it. Get Naru to send me your contact or mine to you, either way will work." Sasuke said and Temari hung up on him the next second.
"What did she say to you?" Itachi asked and Sasuke gave him a smirk as a response. "We just settled our birthday crisis."