Chapter 6

Naruto sighed as she got to the gates of the school. Welcome to hell. Naruto thought sarcastically as she stepped into school. It wasn't like she didn't like school, it was just that the treatment she receives isn't something she would wish upon someone. "Hello psycho. Why aren't you in jail yet for what you did to Sasuke-Kun? Oh wait! You actually deserve to die instead!" The insults are starting to fly now. Sasuke just stood there watching, not defending her. What did I do to you Sasuke? Naruto thought sadly as she quickly ducked into her classroom with Sasuke following behind.
After school, aka torture - insults and 'accidental' tripping -, Naruto headed home to cook up something. Still hoping. She is still hoping he would come home early to have dinner with her. Why am I still hoping?
Sasuke scowled in annoyance at the girls trying to flirt. They're unattractive face caked heavily with makeup and their bodies barely covered by their dresses are making him wanna puke. They're absolutely disgusting. I wonder what Naruto is doing... She is probably waiting for me again. I should head home. But without a reason, I start eating with her, what would she think? She probably wouldn't say anything, she's Naruto. We're bestfriends. Some where in the back of his mind, something hissed at him saying they were bestfriends. He had chosen it. He had chosen to believe the rumour and he abandoned Naruto. He abandoned his bestfriend, his only true friend, the only one who actually stuck with him no matter what. Why did I do it? Why did I believe the rumour?
Sasuke growled and stood up abruptly, startling the girls, and he stormed out of the restaurant to go back home. I miss Naruto. But how am I going to say I am sorry? Will she accept my apology in the first place?
Naruto sighed tiredly as she finished plating up and she covered up the food. She took a shower and retired for the night. She was beyond exhausted due to school and the stress of... I don't know, life in general. She doesn't want to wait anymore... She's losing hope. Sasuke comes home everyday with lipstick marks on his clothing and his lips looks bruised, a sign that he was making out with someone. He has never kissed me. Not even on the forehead or anything. He has never touched me, not after believing the rumours. Naruto had suddenly started crying. I don't know how long I can take this... But, but he's my bestfriend even if he doesn't want to acknowledge me. I hope he knows I'll still stay by his side.
Sasuke came home, hoping she would greet him even though she knew he wouldn't reply. Nothing, the house was deadly silent. Naruto wasn't watching TV nor was she sitting at the dining table waiting for him. For some reason, Sasuke felt a pang of sadness when the fact that Naruto wasn't waiting for him hit him. Why am I feeling like this? She lied. She betrayed me first... Or was I the one who betrayed her?