Chpt 9: A Date With Nate

Logan's P.O.V

"So where are we going today?"

I ask Nate when we start to drive.

"I thought we could go to a nice lunch place. What do you say ?"

"I think that sounds perfect Nate."

I say grabbing his hand. I continue to hold his hand as he begins to drive. About fifteen minutes after that we arrive at our destination. Before I can even reach for my door Nate is up and out of the car opening the door for me. I give him a nod and a smile.

When I get out I see a sign. It says Casa Escobar. It's Mexican Food. Yummy! It's really cute looking and looks like eating here could cost a fortune. Nate grabs my hand.

"Logan I can afford this. Don't worry."

"I've always loved that you could do that."

I say in reply.

"Do what ?"

He says sounding completely clueless. It's like he doesn't know how adorable he is and how he makes me feel at times. Maybe I was wrong question whether we'd work again. Maybe I was wrong to think it wasn't the same. We just need to get familiar with each other right? I mean people change. It's been a long time.

"How ever long since I've know you, you've seem to get me. Understand what's going on through my mind and for that I'm grateful."

He smiles at me letting his deep dimples show. Oh how I love his deep dimples. When we were together I used to run my fingers across them. I would even trace them. We walk hand in hand into the restaurant and are greeted by a   hostess. Right away she takes us to a table. As were following her Nate leans over and kisses me on the cheek and squeezes my hand.

"I still love you, you know."

Before I respond back he quickly says, "Don't respond. You don't need too. I don't want to put any pressure on you."

I'm thankful for this small gesture. No pressure. He always seems to give me a way out just in case. The hostess stops and says this is our table and a waitress will be with us shortly. We both sit down.

"So what do you think?"

He says.

"I think you're one of a kind."

He reaches across the table and takes me hand.

"I know the date just started but I'm having a really great time here with you."

I blush as these words that leave his lips. Before I can say something a young girl maybe 15 comes up to us. She has long brown hair with the most gorgeous blue eyes. She is tall and thin.

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth. I'm really sorry to interrupt but it's just that I'm big a fan of you guys. Like a really big fan and I was wondering if after your food, before you leave if we could talk for a little bit and take some pictures. Oh and also whatever you order is on the house. My dad owns this restaurant and he said it was cool."

"Of course." Nate and I say at the same time.

We laugh, including Elizabeth.

"Really that would be fantastic!"

She says and hurries away.

"That was adorable. She's adorable."

I say because she really was. She has so much going for her.

"She was but not as adorable as you."

We laugh and look at our menus for a while.

"What are you getting?"

I ask.

"Burrito Plater and you ?"

"Sounds good and a Burrito Bowl."

"I shouldn't be surprised considering Burrito Bowls are like you're favorite. You haven't changed a bit."

The waitress comes over and takes our order. We talk until are food comes. I'm mostly laughing and Nate is being a giant goof ball. After we finish our food we tell the waiter about the girl Elizabeth and a couple minutes later she comes out.

"You guys done ? How was it ?"

"It was fabulous. Super good and I'm stuffed. Like crazy stuffed."

I say answering.

We take pictures and Nate and I both follow her on Instagram and Twitter. She's amazing honestly. We learn that she likes to sing and play guitar and she can't wait for the music I've been working on. She tells us that we inspire her. I feel like she's more of a friend then a fan so I tell her I'll give her my phone number and we'll hangout sometime just not to leak it and that I'm trusting her. She agrees but I'm not even worried about it because I have trust towards her in my gut. We say our goodbyes and thanks. Nate and I head to the car. His hand on my lower back leading me. The touch of him feels like he's burning a hole through my shirt. But I don't want him to move his hand. When he does I feel sorta of sad like I'm missing something. We drive back to the apartment. He walks me to the door.

"I had a really great time. I missed you a lot."

He says.

"I missed you a lot too. Especially when you left. I'm glad you're safe and we together."

I say taking his hand. He takes his hand and reaches up towards my face and kisses me. I try to pull him closer but I can't he's already the closest he can be. I kiss him hard. Our bodies craving each other. This kiss is passionate. The kind of I miss you kiss.

Jack opens the door.

"Oh good you're home."

I'm pretty sure I'm blushing like a tomato. I probably look like a red crayon. I give Nate a kiss on the cheek and a hug. We say bye and I go inside.

"Thanks a lot Dad."

I say.

"What?"

Jack says trying to sound all innocent.
I give him a look that says 'are you kidding me'

"I just don't want you to get you're heart broken."

Little does he know he broke mine more then once. He comes towards me and pulls me in a hug. He smells good. He feels like home.

(Author's Note: thanks for reading, until next time )

Social Media:

Instagram: breannaabreannaa
Twitter and Snapchat: bbbreannarenne