Chapter 7: Dinner

The next day, right on schedule Xander arrived at Jane's house. He had a big smile on his face, like he always does when he sees Jane.

    "Hey, so what are we doing today? Classes are canceled..."

    "Well..."

    "Oh great, what did I do now?"

    "No, it's not you!"

    "Oh, what is it? Don't look at me like that. You know you can tell me anything."

    "My grandparents want you over for dinner."

    "What?"

    "They want you over for dinner tonight. I know it's really weird, and I'm sorry for the late notice. You really don't have to come if you don't..."

    "Jane. It's fine. If that's what your grandparents want, and what you want. Of course, I'll do it."

    "Really?"

    "Of course, anything for you. So what should we do in the meantime?"

    "It doesn't matter to me. You're the one doing me a favor. What do you feel like doing?"

    "Hmmm... I have an idea."

    Xander grabbed Jane's hand and hopped onto his motorcycle and drove off. Unaware of that was happening, Jane felt more confused than ever. Once again she had to trust him without knowing where he'll take her. Xander drove so fast, weaving through any open spot that he could find, until he finally stopped. They suddenly found themselves at the local supermarket.

    "Xander, what are we doing here?"

    "We... Are going to cook for your grandparents. So what would they like for dinner?"

    Xander never ceased to amaze Jane. He filled her life with adventure and hope. Every moment she spent with him, she felt herself falling in love. Jane believed that Xander was all that she ever imagined her Prince Charming to be, her perfect Mr. Darcy. In building the wall for her project, she broke down the walls of her heart.

    They made walking up and down the aisles of the supermarket fun. When they were gathering up all of the ingredients for dinner, they would play around together. Making silly faces, funny jokes, playfully hitting each other, and playing tag throughout the store. Every time Xander caught Jane, he would grab her from behind and lift her off of her feet. There was something familiar when Jane was in Xander's arms. As if she knew she was safe, as if he has caught her once before. Jane enjoyed every second that they were together, hoping that their relationship would never end.

    Back at the house, Jane imagined what it would be like if she married Xander. When they were cooking together, they worked in sync. They would talk and laugh as they cooked. Jane had never felt this type of happiness with another person.

    Out of nowhere, Xander accidentally got sauce on Jane's face. Shocked, Jane froze where she stood.

    "Oh, sorry about that."

    For the first time since they met, Jane heard Xander speak English. She instantly recognized his voice. He was the one she bumped into on the first day of school. As she stood there, still in shock - Xander gently wiped the sauce off of her face with his thumb. Then he stuck his thumb in his mouth, and tasted the sauce.

    "It's good. Despite the fact that it tastes a little bit like you."

    Jane playfully pushed him away, and accidentally got his shirt dirty.

    "I'm so sorry!"

    "It's okay, I'll just go home and change after we're done cooking. Then come back for dinner."