Chapter 5

Hazel couldn't quite believe it! This place was amazing, incredible! The soft sound of the running stream drove through her ear, enlighting her with positive emotions. She scooped up a handful of grass, taking in the glorious scents.

Clara looked at how happy Hazel was, making her feel warm inside. She smiled, watching how much fun Hazel was having, thinking back to when her life was like that.

Hazel scanned the area, looking for something fun to do; as much as she loved it, she couldn't stay here forever.

In the end, she decided to go to the Sky Market. That was its name. She didn't exactly know why, though.

Until now.

She looked up high into the sky, to notice millions of people walking there. There must be a glass floor. However, what she was confused by was the lack or stairs or an elevator. How did they all get up there?

Hazel pointed up to the people. "Clara, can we go up there?" She asked her guardian. Clara looked over. "Sure! Whatever you want!" Ashildr looked puzzled. "How exactly do we get up there?"

Clara's eyes widened. How were they going to get up there? There seemed to be no stairs or a lift. Then she saw it.

All at once, five of the cars went from the ground, right up to the Sky Market. They all had the Sky Market symbol on the side, and people stepped out of each one, so Clara assumed that they were for public use to get up to the Sky Market. She grinned, grabbing Hazel and Ashildr by the hand and running towards the place where the cars set off.

Hazel laughed all the way, wondering what had happened to Clara. Ashildr was too. Ashildr looked around the area at all of the cars getting lifted up. It was so magnificent.

They arrived to see quite a small queue, which was to their amazement. They joined the end of it and after a short wait, they were in one of the cars.

It was nice and cozy inside, quite like a mini limo. A TV came on with a man, talking about how the future of New Earth was going to be wonderful. He was really getting on Hazel's nerves.

They arrived at the top and got let out of the car to see a huge market! There were so many stalls and shops, selling beautiful and mystical things.

Hazel walked through, taking in the fresh scents of fruit and flowers, with a slight smell of warm food, drifting through her nose. She could see stalls full of flowers, stalls full of jewellery and even stalls full of boxes.

She couldn't decide where to go first. There were so many choices going through her brain. It was funny, she had to make this kind of choice a lot today.

Finally, she decided she would go to the stall with all of the scents and candles. She looked at what there was to choose from. There were candles of different colours and scents, powders that could put you in a trance, beautifully decorated dream catchers and even some friendship stones!

Then, she suddenly remembered. She didn't know what the currency was. She sighed, looking down at her feet. She wandered sadly back over to Clara, sighing.

Clara looked up from what she was buying. "What's wrong?" She asked Hazel, seeing the sadness in her face. "I haven't got any money." Hazel said, heaving a great sigh.

Clara gave a cheeky smile, before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a handful of small golden coins. "One coin is one hundred Kleams. I've been saving up from my other visits." She placed the coins into Hazel's cupped hands, with Hazel grinning madly.

Half an hour later, Hazel had come back with some objects. She had got a bag of sweets that make your tongue different colours, she had a purple candle which smelt of toasted marshmallows and she bought a small keyring which resembled a cute little lion. Clara and Ashildr had bought some candles and jewellery.

They all made their way back over to the cars, ready to go back to the ground. There wasn't even a queue this time! They just got straight into one of the cars and made their way down to the ground.

They got out of the car and started walking along the freshly cut grass, taking in the scent of apple. Ashildr smiled, looking off into the distance. "Are you having a great birthday?" She asked Hazel, squinting from the sun. Hazel grinned and nodded. "Yeah."

Everything started shaking, but it felt perfectly still. Hazel reached up to her forehead, gasping in pain. She dropped down, pain filling her body. She could hear faint shouts of her name from Clara and Ashildr, but nothing too much.

"Hazel." That wasn't Clara or Ashildr. That was a voice of a man. Hazel screamed in pain. "Death will come." Those very words started to get repeated in the voice, flooding her head with anxiety and fear. She clenched her fingers in the grass, trying to make the voice stop.

She saw a black smoke, coming towards her, increasing the pain. It filled her sight, this misty black smoke. She heard a scream, which turned into a heart monitor at the hospital when there is no heart to monitor. Nothing.