Exam 2 part 3

"(Y/n)-san, you should rejoin your team. There is no reason for your team to lose this round because of us." I looked at Sakura and she looked shaken, and scared.

"... Are you sure you can take care of both of them?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded to reassure me. "I better see all three of you in the next round." I smiled at her, looking back at the two unconscious boys before leaping up into the trees.

I was worried for them, but I also wanted to believe in their own strength and hope that whatever Kakashi taught them will help them pull through.

~timeskip~

After all the teams that passed arrived, we were all taken to a different room. I stood in the front of my line, with two disguised shadow clones behind me. "First off, congratulations on finishing the second exam." I looked around and saw Naruto and his team was there. I quietly sighed in relief and faced forward as the Third Hokage appeared.

"There is no question that these exams are to select shinobi worthy of becoming a chunin. But on the other hand, these exams also provide a venue for shinobi who carry their nation's pride on their backs to fight for their lives. Many feudal lords and those of power from many nations, who request shinobi for work, are invited to the third exam as guests. The lords and head ninja of each village of the nations will watch your battles. If the gap of power becomes unbridgeable, the strong nations are overrun with job requests. The request of those nations deemed weak, on the other hand, denied. We can pressure each neighboring nation, to show how much military strength our village is developing and has." He said.

"This exam is a place to see the strength of home country shinobi, and a place to display this as well. It's an exam where you truly fight for your life." he explained.

I saw Hayate appear in front of all of us. "Nice to meet you everyone, *cough Cough* there's something I'd like you all to do... *couch Couch* before the third exam." he said to us.

"This is a preliminary to the 3rd exam, with participation in the main battle on the line." he said to us.

"What do you mean, preliminary?!" Someone asked.

"I don't understand the point of this preliminary." Sakura said. "Why aren't we doing the next exam with the remaining test takers?" she asked.

"This time around, perhaps because the first and second exams were easy, there are a few too many people left, you see. In accordance to the rules of the chunin exams, a preliminary round will be held in order to reduce the number advancing. As lord Hokage said before, many guests will be coming to the third exam. So we can't make pointless matches and our time is limited as well. Therefore, those of you not in top physical condition.. *coughing again* excuse me, those of you who wish to drop out, please speak up now. The preliminary will begin immediately so.."

"Immediately you say?" someone asked him.

"But we finally made it through the second exam." I heard a girl say.

"I forgot to mention, but it will be individual battles from now on. It is your decision so feel free to raise your hands and drop out." Hayate added. There was silence for a while then, "Kabuto Yakushi of the Leaf Village, correct?" Hayate asked looking at his roster. "Then you may step back." he said looking at Kabuto. "Anyone else?" he asked. I glacned back seeing Kabuto walking away.

"We will." I turned to my 2 clones raising their hands.

"Kento Haki and Fuma Kurata of the Hidden Leaf, you may step back." Hayate said.

They smiled at me and I smiled back and they turned to leave. They rounded the corner and I felt them undo the jutsu, and information came rushing into my head. Now we had 21 participants.

"Now then, there are no others who will leave?" Hayate asked.

"Since we have an odd number of participants, we will choose one name randomly and the person will move straight to the 3rd exam without participating in the preliminaries." Anko said loudly.

A screen showed up and names started to flash through it. It landed on my name and I rolled my eyes. "Namikaze (Y/n), you are exempt from these matches, you may stay and watch if you wish to." Hayate said and I bowed, not saying anything. 

The first match was Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akadō, which of course Sasuke won. I watched as Kakashi led Sasuke to a different area after his match. "... This chunin exam is going to be troublesome." I thought considering all the factors the happened in the forest.