Reunion

~Kakshi's pov~

It's been 4 years since (Y/n) left for the Sand, Naruto is now 12, a Genin straight out of the Academy. Lord third assigned him to me along with Haruno Sakura, and Uchiha Sasuke. I watched as they returned a run away cat back to the owner, and the Hokage was now in the process of giving us another mission.

~Timeskip: no one's pov~

After defeating Zabuza, old man Tazuna brought Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura back to his house, they lay him on a bed to rest.

"Dad, should we call the healer?" His daughter asked.

"Healer?" Sakura questioned.

"Yes, this town has a healer. She keeps her face hidden, she charges nothing and only asks in return is that we give her a small place to stay. Sometimes food." She said.

"That's strange.." Sasuke said.

"Can she help Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked.

"We can give it a try." Tazuna said and his daughter nodded before leaving.

A while later, the sound of a door opened and closed, "he's in here"

Sasuke and the rest of them all turned to see a girl with a hat over head, a large cloak on her shoulders and a mask covering the lower part of her face. Her eyes scanned the room, and said nothing, she went towards Kakashi. She silently placed her hands over his body, and a green glow was emitted.

"T-thats.. medical ninjutsu!" Sakura said.

With that information Sakura and Sasuke got wary. She said nothing but continued to heal Kakashi, her movements were carefully watched.

"He should wake up by evening." She said and tossed Sasuke something. "Give this to him when he wakes." She left the house after that.

That evening, Kakashi woke up. "What happened?" He asked.

"Eat this, It's from the healer." Sakura said giving him a pill.

"A healer?" Kakashi questioned.

"She was really nice and pretty!" Naruto said happily.

"You didn't even see her face." Sasuke said to Naruto.

"She knew medical ninjutsu, she seemed around our age as well." Sakura said.

"She hid her appearance under a hat and cloak. From the voice we think the healer is a female." Sasuke said.

"Tazuna, where does this healer live? I would like to give her my thanks." Kakashi asked.

"Eh? A little bit down the beach. In a small house. Hard to miss." He said.

"I see.." Kakashi moved his arms a little and slowly got up. "Let's go pay her a visit." He said.

Like Tazuna said, it was hard to miss. "I'll knock." Sakura ran up and knocked. The door opened with no resistance. Inside, was a bed, a desk, and a chest was in a corner. "We'll wait her for her to return." Kakashi said.

As they waited, "hey look at this." Sakura had opened a chest. Inside was a book, and a small box.

"What is that?" Naruto asked, looking at the box.

"Mine, and none of your buisness." We all turned to see they healer, her face wrapped up. She grabbed the box and placed it in the chest, and shut it. "What do you all want?" She asked sitting on the chest, arms crossed, looking at all of us.

"We wanted to thank you for healing our sensei." Sakura said smiling.

"I see, you're welcome. Now leave." She said turning her back to us.

"Well, sorry for the disturbance. Thank you for your help." Kakashi said and left with the three confused students.

~Readers pov~

Later that night, Kakashi returned, as I expected. "Fish?" I asked sitting on the beach by my little fire.

"I'm good." He sat next to me.

"Come on, I made it myself. It's not bad." I said munching on the fish.

"Why are you here? After you left there was no communication at all, then the Kazekage sends a letter saying you went missing." He frowned.

"It's a long story." I sighed.

"We have all night." Kakashi replied.

I sighed and took off my large hat and cloak. "What happened to your...?" He stopped.

"It's complicated but.. I met someone, said he had something to tell me and teach me." I smiled twirling my hair. "I changed my hair color... I liked mom's hair.. does it look weird?" I asked him.

"You look great. Your eyes?" He asked.

"Wait, something to to teach you?" he asked and I nodded. 

"I'll show you another time." I smiled.

(Change eye colors if you like- art not mine! Found on Google)

"Why didn't you come back?" Kakashi asked after I finished eating.

"I... I couldn't return to the Leaf it would seem as if I ran away and broke the agreement, and I couldn't return to the Sand- I mean I could've but they assumed I went missing and died and so going back would just cause so much trouble and confusion, but then I had to leave behind the sweetest child. He's younger than Naruto, if they met they'd probably be good friends." I smiled picking a stick to throw in the fire. ".. I told him I wouldn't abandon him, next thing I know... I've left him behind. I'm horrible." I sighed, leaning against Kakashi.

"You're not horrible. You left behind your home and brother to keep the village safe. Even though the negotiation had a slim chance of succeeding you let yourself become a hostage for the safety of the village." Kakashi told me, a hand on my head.

"That's one way to see it." I mumbled relaxing as he played with my hair.

"Come back with us." Kakashi said. "Even if there are consequences, it's better than living along like this won't it?" He asked me.

".... I'll think about it." I shrugged.

"I think Naruto might have recognized you. He said you're voice reminded him of someone." Kakashi told me.

"Really?" I asked, smiling to myself that Naruto still remembered me.

"He's like you, an idiot." He laughed. I scoffed and hit his shoulder and we just sat for a while longer just chatting about random things.