38. Ishani's POV

Neil said the three words. The words that meant so much. Much more than I thought I cared. I needed to hear them. "Neil" I looked up and blushed. "Ishani I love you. The night we slept together you confessed your love before I agreed to make love to you. That night I told you I love you. When we got engaged I wanted to tell you I love you. When we made love I wanted you to know I love you. When you left me in Singapore I should have run after you and told you. I love you. I love you Ishani. From the day we shifted next door and you left your doll to take care of me I have always loved you."

My heart could burst with happiness. Little did I care about the world my eyes had tears. I rose to my tip toes and looked into his deep brown eyes. "Me too Neil. Me too. I love you." I kissed him on the lips my hands roamed his body. I needed to feel him.

The door knocked. We did not register it. As the lock turned I pushed Neil away as he abused under his breath. "Neil come out your chachijee is leaving and cops are here." Neil looked at me and rushed out. "What maa?" "Neil this is all your Ishani's doing." "Neil listen to me" I sounded calmer than I felt.

My heart was still fluttering from the kisses. "Neil can you please tell her not to interfere?" It was Neil's mother. I looked at her shocked. "You have disgraced us." She was pointing a finger at me. "Mom please" Neil said weakly.

But she was lost in her own anger and yelled "our relatives think she is too forward and has spoilt Sid too." I felt a tear fall down. "Neil your chachi jee has filed a fake case against her son and my friend to implicate them. I rescued them from an almost kidnapping." I replied back.

I saw the audience had increased. Most of Neil's family was here. "She also blocked his cards and forced him to marry that other girl when she knew that Reet is expecting." The room went quite and Neil's father step forward. "My bahu did the right thing". And quickly stood next to me.

For someone who was confessing his true love Neil was unbelievably quiet. His love was perhaps not strong enough to face his mother. "Come let's go home beta." My father took my hand and as I went with tears in my eyes I saw Neil look at me without any expressions.

This love story was the end of me. I went home and most people were told that this was now Reet and Sid's wedding. I cried holding my father. Did Neil not realise what he had just done. I sat in the drawing room most of my family trying to access the situation and clearly get more gossip. My parents discussed what the situation demanded and if this wedding will still happen.

Deep down I knew this relation needed a lot more than confessions of love. Staying with my in laws would work if Neil understood me. But his silence was killing me and somewhere our new found love too. Being miserable was an understatement.

How did you like the update? Please tell me by commenting below. Lots of love people. Just 5 more chapters to go. By the way have you added Our Rollercoaster Relationship to your library. I plan to update that once I finish this story.