25. Ishani's POV

Here's making your Thursday mornings happier. PS do vote!

It was Wednesday the longest Neil and I had gone without calling each other. I had taken Thursday and Friday off from work and even though the thought of Singapore thrilled me, Neil's busy behavior did not. I decided to meet him on Friday evening that ways I had one and a half day to seriously shop and enjoy my peace.

I packed, repacked, rearranged and then some more clothes were added. I kept my corset just in case. Earlier this week I had gone to a spa and gotten my body waxed, my sensitive lady bits too.

This was going to be a routine as I had signed up for a bridal beauty package and was supposed to get facials and waxing every week. I was glad I took one session before meeting Neil. Despite all the tensions remembering him made my body shiver.

Airports and journeys always excited me and this time I was beyond thrilled. I wore a pink hoodie, fitted blue denims, glittery comfortable shoes and packed my white satchel with my tickets and other documents.

When I left home at 12 AM it was pitch dark outside, cold winds made my parents shiver. Neil's mother wore a fur coat. All four of them had come to see me off. It was ridiculous but I did not want anyone to feel bad. Technically I went to Mumbai alone, Singapore was equal in terms of hours of travel. As I rushed into the departures I saw my mothers crush each other with right hugs. Both fathers looked serious enough for people to believe I was going for an operation.

I'm truly lucky that Neil's parents loved me like mine did. I waved after reaching inside and before the automated gates closed. My solo international trip here I come!

I quickly checked in and since I was early duty-free shopping provided me with a good time pass. I picked up a book to read inflight, some chocolates, a bottle of liquor, a lip balm. I was waiting for the boarding to begin so I went to the smoking room. Now this smoking room was quite a sight. It was an open area wedged between two buildings and covered with wires, much like a prison. But the cold winter air made it fun to stand here. I stubbed the bud with my glittery ballerina flats and went back to the departure area with my small bright pink luggage in tow.

As the attendant announced that the plane was open for boarding, I went inside. I had booked business class. Neil insisted that these tickets were his gift and he wanted me to enjoy my trip. I entered the business class for the first time ever and the seats were like minipods and everything looked posh, glittery and pretty. I quickly clicked a picture to send but who would be interested? Neil was barely talking to me. Reet and Sid were both acting weird. Andy was already an issue with Neil.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, I almost dropped it seeing Sid's number. What a coincidence. I picked it up as the air hostess glared at me with a polite smile on her face. "Sid, what a long life you have. I was thinking about you" "please tell me where is she Ish?" I could almost hear his tears. "Do you care Sid? Where were you two weeks ago? She needed you. The baby is not her fault alone" ohh shit! I kept the phone down. What did I just do? I quickly switched off my phone. I had done the biggest sin any friend could commit. I decided to deal with this later and enjoy my journey. I settled in my seat and the plane taxied away.

I really needed a break. As we entered the skies I could see the lights twinkling below making Delhi shine. In a few days fog would make it near impossible to get this view. I started my day with a glass of champagne to celebrate my journey. Soon I had had three glasses, and was feeling light headed as I had my food. For airline food this was yummy, infact I think they gave yummy food up here than in the regular coach.

I got up walked around and barely slept a wink. The excitement was too much. I wanted to meet Neil but I knew his work was killing him, I had heard his parents discuss the short time period he had before the wedding to finish the task at hand.

When the flight hit the tarmac I was possibly the first one to disembark. I truly had too much energy or maybe it was my lust. I was hit by sultry hot air in the pleasantly warm Singapore unlike the Delhi weather which wes inching towards winters.

I hired a taxi and went to Marina Bay Sands. It was the latest, swankiest and the most opulent hotel plus it was easily approachable. I checked into my room which was luxurious and offered an amazing view of the Singapore city. I quickly unpacked and selected a red swimsuit as I messaged my father about my arrival. I wore a loose white kurta over the swimsuit and headed to their much famous infinity pool. I wanted to enjoy the luxuries this beautiful hotel offered.

After a quick swim and a brief lunch by the pool I decided to hit the mall road. I quickly picked a pair of short shorts in black with a white crop top with my trusted white pair of Vans I was dressed. I picked my bag and as I left the hotel my phone beeped with Neil's message "meet you soon Ish. Welcome to my town ;)" I happily took a cab and went to Orchard Street, it was the hub of shopping and I went to small boutiques, big brand stores, the biggest Sephora I had laid my eyes on, a cute quirky makeup store called Etude house while abusing my credit card. It was around 7 when I decided to go back to my hotel by the metro.

Apparently the Singapore metro is easiest to understand and with that thought I asked around at the counter before taking my ticket. I got confused and got down two stations before mine and much to my delight found this beautiful store selling footwear and I ended up picking 7 pairs!

When I finally reached hotel I realised it had taken me an hour and I needed food. I went to the reception and asked a bell boy to help. A quick trip to my room to keep my shopping hoard, washing my face and changing into yet another crop top in deep purple and white high waisted shorts I tore open the shopping bag with my shoes haul and wore glittery gladiators in silver. I went down and was looking at all the restaurants in the huge hotel but most of them were fine dining and I did not want to eat alone.

Once again I trooped to the reception and asked about the nearest market to try some local food "excuse me Miss, where can info explore a nice night market?" "Ohh there is one approachable by foot but I would suggest you take a quick can to Bugis, its a bight market with local delicacies and some shopping." So I went out and messaged Neil, "off to Bugis, meet me there?"

The market was beautiful. With the fragrance of exotic food in the air and many couples enjoying their beer, I felt a pang of need for company. I quickly brought two chicken satay sticks and inhaled them in less than a minute.

I ordered a ice cold beer and taking the bottle in hand I went exploring the shops, most to my dismay had sex toys something I wasn't comfortable looking at, let alone buying. I picked up glittery hair clips for both moms. I was picking some basic Singapore momentos when I saw a handsome man in a light blue shirt and beige pants stride towards me.

The lighting and shadows hid his face but I knew it was Neil, I rushed to meet him, my anger all forgotten. I crashed into his hard chest, he is working out hard, "hi" I was breathless as I went to kiss his lips. He pushed me away gently, "hey Ish" rejection burnt through me.

"Ish its illegal to kiss we can be fined" he added reading my mind. "Ohh ohh" now I was speechless "I thought you did not want to kiss me" I blurted. His throaty laughter made me want to bhangra! "How have you been my sweetheart?"

Loving it or not? Tell me.
Next update will be on Saturday :)