9. Ishani's POV

I got up as the sun streamed in from the flimsy white curtains. Feeling disoriented I saw the television was still on and Neil was snoring right next to me. His arm was on my stomach and his face was nestled right next to mine. I saw Neil in the early morning sunshine. His jaw was square and there was a hint of stubble. Without hair wax his black hair looked soft and floppy and covered his forehead. I could see some fine lines near his eyes maybe due to all the hours he put in at work. I traced my finger on his lip and thought about the kiss I willingly gave last night. If he did not feel so bound because of our one night of stupidity I might have thought about Neil. Pushing off my blanket I carefully got out his hold and went to have some tea and fresh mountain air. I went to the balcony and enjoyed the chilly weather and the clean mountain air. I loved Mussorie and tried coming here often. I was looking at the valley when Neil opened the door and came out. "Morning sleepyhead! I want to have Lovely omelette today," I said. Neil hugged me and slowly replied in a sexy bed voice, "morning beautiful." And I felt weak in the knees. "Let me make you coffee." I turned to leave when Neil whispered, "can we start over again?" My heart skipped a beat. I nodded yes nor trusting my voice. I turned to look at the view when Neil hugged me from the back. His arms encircled my waist tightly. I felt his hot breath on my neck and got goosebumps in anticipation.

He kissed my neck and all sanity left me. Standing in the balcony of a hotel, I turned towards him and kissed him hard. My hands crushed on his chest as I splayed my fingers to feel his hard gym toned body. He kissed me back. Exploring my mouth. His hands were on my back and slowly making their way down. He broke the kiss and said, "bed now." I was too drugged on lust to move. He looked at me and cursed before picking me up cave man style and dropping me on the cool bedsheets. He kissed me again but his hands toyed my breasts. He removed my clothing one by one. I wanted him to keep on kissing me till eternity. He was addictive like chocolate. Soon we were doing the deed. This time it was crystal clear in my mind. He looked into my eyes and slowly said, "Ish I love you." And we climaxed.

We lay on the bed when I propped up. "Neil it's already 6.30 get ready we need to go before our parents come here". Neil turned towards me and kissed me again. "Ish marry me," he said as he quickly worked his magic on my body. I was hot and bothered with need again. I moaned as he filled me up again. This time we made love slowly. As our bodies moved in tandem. Neil looked at me and kissed me. I knew he wanted my answer. Suddenly I climaxed crying out loud, "Neil". As we lay exhausted on the bed the extension rang in its loud voice. I picked it without realising it was Neil's extension I heard his father, " good morning beta. Hows Ishani now? Did you tell her?," I went cold. Did Neil tell his father we slept together. I kept the phone down and saw Neil staring at me. That was your father wanting to know if you told me, what is happening Neil. What did you tell him? Does he know we slept together?" My voice was ice cold with anger. Neil nodded a yes and said "let me explain," but I was in no mood to hear. Imagine telling your father about having sex with your best friend. I was humiliated and it was going to be difficult to face him. No wonder Neil has started this marry me nonsense. Now I understood where it came from, it was parental pressure. I was sure I wasn't the first girl Neil slept with, but marrying for sleeping was absurd.

I went and showered as I heard the door bang shut. I cried hard after such beautiful time we shared moments ago, the truth hurt even more. I decided to wear my denim dress with yellow leggings and red Uggs. I wore a red leather jacket to match and keep me warm. Never again is mistake going to happen.

I saw Neil had already left the room. I locked the suite and made my way to the reception dreading meeting uncle. I called up Reet, "Hi Reet" "ishani its early. all ok?" She asked me sleepily. "Get up I'm in trouble. I have to get this out of my system before it kills me. I slept with someone." I stopped climbing up the empty stairway. Our room was towards the valley some 200 stairs down and I did not take the lift because I needed some seclusion to talk on the phone. In fact I was so tired I sat on a perch and looked around before lighting up a smoke. Neil be damned I'm a media professional and its cool to smoke! Reet surprised me, "same here. But I know you must have gone ahead with Neil." "How did you know? What did you do Reet?" I was curious to know her answer. "Ohb we all have a bet running which is about 10k now that you will sleep with him or not." "What? How cheap yaa," were they crazy. "In other news darling, I slept with Sid. He is still here. We have been at it like rabbits since the party," she whispered. "Listen now that your heart feels less heavier talk to you Monday? Stay over at mine. But Sid might wake up. Ciao," she kept the phone down. I finished my cigarette, popped in a gum and went to find the lift instead.

"Morning beta," it was Singh uncle. "Hello uncle," I mumbled. Did he know I picked the call. "Hello aunty. Good morning," I saw aunty. She looked beautiful in her white sweater and denims. Her hair was perfect and she was carrying her Gucci bag. "Ishani last night we went to a friends place and I liked their daughter," she said and plopped her phone into my hand. There was a picture of a thin beautiful girl. Her eyes were stunning and she was wearing a red off the shoulder gown which emphasised her cleavage and her tiny waist. She had lots of black smokey eye makeup happening. "Is she a good match for Neil," aunty asked. "Yes," I said slowly. Thus wasn't the first time aunty asked me. Every week since Neil hit 27 I had seen photos upon photos of prospective brides. I disliked all. None were perfect for my Neil.

Today was one of the few times I said yes. I handed her phone back as we reached the reception area. "Morning maa, papa," I said and hugged maa. Hugging your mother has a healing effect and I wanted to sleep on her shoulder. "Let's sit in the car. We can all eat Lovely Omelette today," maa said.

I saw Neil was busy on his phone and he went to his car and my father went to sit with him. I sat with the elders. But I would have preferred Neil to sitting with his father. Lovely omelet is an iconic breakfast spot in Mussorie. He makes the best cheese omelette stuffed with a slice of bread and gooey cheese. We all had breakfast as uncle and dad decided to head back and sunbathe with some beer. Maa and aunty had their mall shopping list. "You want to do anything particular Ish," Neil asked. I looked at him and he winked. I blushed thinking of our passionate morning. I nodded a no. Neil got up, paid the bill and left. It was abrupt. Not giving it much thought I went shopping. After buying some clothes, a novel for me, a chopper for home, a wine holder for Neil's, we stopped at Chic Chocolate for tea and pastries. I got an adrak chai and went to sit in the October sun. I took of my jacket and was stretching a bit when Neil came over. Was he playing invisible man today. His face was thunderous. "You can change inside, why create an audience with your strip teasing," he said harshly. Picking up my tea he took me inside and stopped next to our mother's. I was angry, stupefied. Neil was incallous, rude and his comment was uncalled for. My life was jacked if I said yes to him. That red gown chic was apt for him and his possessiveness.

After shopping for a bit I was irritated and wanted to go back to the hotel. But maa and aunty wanted lunch so we went to Kalsang a Chinese outlet. Its a theme red restaurant which serves yummy India Chinese food. We order thupka and the soup warms us. Aunty drops the bombshell on me, "I want you to talk to Neil and say yes for Riana Raichand. We went to her place last night."

I nodded a yes. In fact this would end the weird wedding madness Neil felt for me. Winters have set in here and by 6 it will be dark. After the soup we all head back to the hotel.

I went to my room and saw Neil had not returned. Keeping my purchases in the room I decided to smoke in the balcony. I decided to gauge my feelings I liked Neil, infact we could have gone out had the friendship and family angle not been there. But Neil's recent outbursts, his father's knowledge of our indiscretions, and his lets marry for your virtue you lost was downright condescending. I went inside and checked the mini bar. I picked up a bottle of wine and went to the balcony. Neil has said his love for me in passion but then most people say love you in such situations.

It was about 8 when I realised my phone was ringing, "beta where are you? We plan on going to Tavern for dinner." I thought of an excuse and said, "I'm sleeping, I'm tired and not hungry. Please enjoy yourself." When all I wanted to ask was where is Neil. I had almost finished the bottle and it was a yuck feeling to drink watching the huge landscape alone. I grabbed some chocolates from the hotel fridge and ate them before changing into a sweatshirt to sleep in.