We did it!

Noah appears in front of the armed guard, wearing the same white suit and thrusts his hand into the man’s unsuspecting face. The guard drops his gun and falls to the floor, covering his face with his hands. “It burns!” Noah throws his arms out and all of the guards who were stood waiting inside the house fall to the floor, dead. He turns to look at Jessica and their eyes meet.

“Wake up Jessica.” He disappears just as quickly as he appeared and Jessica looks around herself, confused.

She stands on shaky legs and surveys her surroundings. She recognises the pool in the center and the tiles beneath her feet, Hyam’s home. “What the...” Someone hits her side and knocks the air from her lungs. She cries out as she is pushed against the wall and Hyam growls at her, his fangs bared.

“Jessica, don’t make me have to kill you!” The King snarls, avoiding direct eye contact.

“It’s me, I’m... I’m me!” She wriggles beneath his hold, grunting at the pain in her ribs. He watches her closely and growls.

“How can I know that?”

“I don’t know, Hyam, trust me?” His grip on her shoulders loosens and he steps away. “Thank you.” She whispers breathlessly.

Sam bursts through the doors and runs to Jessica, throwing his hand over eyes and looking to the King. “Are you alright, Sire?”

“Sam, get off!” Jessica rips his hand away from her face and slaps his chest.

“Jessica? It’s you, thank God!” He swings him arms around her hugs her tightly. “Sire, you and Jessica must stay here, the fight isn’t over yet.” He pulls away and bows slightly to the superior vampire.

“You’re so right!” They all turn to the door where Launa is stood, two lionesses stood by her side and a large silver backed gorilla stood behind her. She shifts into a tiger and growls.

“Take Jessica and hide, my King!” Sam orders but Hyam scoffs and bends down into a fighting stance. Jessica stands back and watches with terror as the two lionesses and the ape lunge themselves at the vampires, the tiger looks to her. She avoids looking into its eyes and runs the opposite way.

The tiger jumps easily over a lioness and runs past the fighting vampires, following the fleeing human. Jessica runs to the edge of the pool and picks up a discarded bath robe, she turns and throws it over the approaching tigers head. It hisses as it slides across the tiles and falls into the pool.

Launa tries to bring her head above the surface of the water but a bright light shines at the bottom of the pool and it seems to be keeping her under. She kicks desperately as her lungs begin to burn but she doesn’t move. A lioness is thrown across the room and brings Jessica attention away from the drowning girl.

The gorilla stands behind her and beats its chest, she screams as it brings its large hands down towards her but Hyam runs to her. He jumps in front of the ape, grabbing its neck and swinging round to its back and pulling. Jessica holds her stomach and frowns as its neck snaps and it crumples to the floor, a young boy curled up on the tiles.

Sam, Hyam and Jessica look into the pool and see the lifeless form of Launa floating just below the surface.

“You killed us all!” A naked girl stands behind them all, crying. “You can’t win, we’re supposed to win!”

“Calm down, it’s over.” Jessica holds a hand out to the girl but she scoffs at it.

“We win!” She grunts slightly as she begins to shift. An elephant stands before them and begins to thrash its head violently. The walls creak and groan each time it hits it with its muscled body and sunlight begins to seep in through cracks in the breaking wall.

Sam cries in pain as he rips the necklace from his neck and pulls it over his King’s head. The sunlight begins to burn him but Hyam doesn’t feel its heat. Jessica dives into the pool and pulls the bath robe from Launa’s body. Hyam pulls her out and just as the walls fall down around them she covers Sam’s bare skin with robe. It is still raining thunder sounds overhead. A lightning bolt sparks slightly in the sky and Hyam takes a step back as Jessica sends the electricity into the elephant. It raises its trunk and cries in pain, it falls to its knees and shudders as it shifts into the woman again.

“What are you?” She mutters before falling to the floor, her last breath pushed from her as she hits the tiles.

Hyam and Jessica look out at the gardens, dead bodies cover the grass and blood dyes it an awful red. Sky lies on the floor beneath Warren who holds his arm out to her and she bites into his wrist. Another man stands next to them and watches Jessica with interest.

“I liked this house.” Hyam whines and Jessica rolls her eyes, leading Sam out of the ruins of the house and towards the parked red van through the trees.

“As soon as you’re done, get home.” Sky nods but doesn’t move her mouth from the werewolf’s wrist.

“We did it, we stopped them.” Jessica speaks gently as Sam opens his eyes. He looks around himself; he is in his home, led out on his sofa. “You got burnt pretty badly but you’re all healed now.” She smiles.

He brings his hand up and strokes her face with his thumb. “You’re okay.” She smiles and leans forward, resting her head on his chest. “I was so worried.” He presses her to him as he wraps his arms around her and sighs.

“I’m fine Sam, really.” She smiles into his strong chest and hugs him back. “We did it.”

******************************************************************************************

It's nearly finished!! :O I know this book isn't the most popular but I'm going to miss writing it. There is going to be a sequel (Of Course!) And if anyone needs any help with understanding how the necklace works comment and ask. I did give slight hints but not to major. So yes... Vote and comment, please pretty please. Questions or Criticism??

******************************************************************************************