Growing closer.

Sam walks slowly up the driveway to the Routen’s house, he is dressed in a black suit with grey lines running down horizontally, he pulls nervously at a dark blue tie and he carries a bunch of lily’s in his hand. As he approaches the house he smoothes his hair out and nods his head. ‘Come on Sam.’ He eggs himself on.

He raises his hand to knock but his sensitive ears pick up noise around the side of the house and he makes his way round to find Jessica stood over her father’s grave. Her face is emotionless and she twiddles her thumbs as she holds her hands by her chest.

“Jessica? Are you alright?” Sam stands by her and places his hand on her shoulder. She jumps slightly put calms as she recognises the voice and she nods. “Talk to me, Jess.” He speaks softly.

She turns her head to him and he watches as she desperately tries to keep all expression from her face. “I had a dream last night.” Her voice shakes. “I don’t think he...” A tear rolls down her cheek and Sam grips her shoulder slightly. “I don’t think he was my dad.”

He moves her so that she faces him completely and holds her in his arms. “I’m sure it was just a dream.” He runs his hand through her hair and the other which holds the flowers presses her body against his.

“Are those flowers for me?” She chuckles slightly, sniffing as the tears slowly stop.

Sam laughs a deep laugh that please Jessica’s ear drums. “Yes, they are.” He squeezes her tighter. She grunts in pain and he releases her quickly. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m in so much pain, Sam.” She rubs her sides. “Could you try to heal me?” Her face makes it obvious she has no hope of it working but the pain is so much that she needs to try.

He nods and places the flowers carefully on the ground in front of her. He holds his wrist out in front of himself and sinks his fangs into his flesh. “Drink.” He orders and after a hesitation Jessica closes her mouth over the fang marks. He watches the bruises disappear and the fang marks on her neck follow soon after.

“I expected it to taste a lot worse than that.” She blushes; she pushes her shoulders back and smiles as no pain attacks her.

Sam runs his hand across her cheek and leans towards her. He kisses her chin, her cheek and under her eye where the dark bruises were moments ago. She stands on her tip toes and pushes her lips against his, running her hands through his hair and down his back.

Jessica feels Sam’s tongue run along her bottom lip and she opens her mouth slightly, allowing him access. Their tongues run over each other’s and Jessica moans, Sam smiles through the kiss. She steps over the flowers and pulls Sam towards the house, leaving the lily’s by the grave.

Sam pushes her against the door frame and kisses her again, running his hands down her body to her hips. She ducks under his arm and walks into the house, waiting for the vampire to follow.

“I... I can’t...” Sam murmurs.

“Oh.” Jessica hangs her head, her cheeks burning red. “Of course, I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s not what you think.” He shuffles awkwardly. “I have to be invited in or I... Can’t come in.” He explains.

“Oh.” Jessica repeats, raising her head with a delighted smile on her face. Sam chuckles. “Really?”

“Yes, and it is quite unfair of you to leave me out here after that.” He refers to the kiss.

Jessica laughs and bites her lip. “Please Sam, come in.” He enters with a smile and kisses her again, kicking the door shut with his foot.