Starting school and settling in

Please vote and comment

 George on the side dressed up

George's Pov

The pride oozing off me could have knocked anyone over when my babies handled that situation like a seasoned professional. Before then Father and grand father were like a bunch of hulks watching their chicks. Father wasn't too happy I kept their identities a secret from him for so long. I just told him it was the surprise I had promised him. To say they were happy would be an understatement.

I introduced the kids and Mira to everyone. Josh surprised me the most, how he socialised with people older than himself and he even made a couple of friends. I was going to warn everyone about him being able to read their thoughts but decided against it at the last minute.

I knew he wouldn't want them to know what he was capable of. He would want to judge them for himself and also hear what they thought of him. I just hope they weren't saying bad things, because if they were, they'll have to face not only Josh but me.

"So, how does it feel?"  A distant relative of mine asked. His name is Laurent and he still haven't met his mate. We both were the cursed mate less ones until I found Mira.

"It's amazing Laurent, I'm sure you are feeling really crappy today since now you're alone on the mate less brigade."  I said smiling sadly at him. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Listen Laurent, when the time finally comes for you to meet her, it will be worth the wait. Take me for instance, I sensed and smelt her first when I was seventeen but barely missed her.

Then met her again when I was thirty then she ran away from me. Until five years later I get to be with her." I said and he laughed.  "Now when I look back and look at her now, I'm happy to only be starting life with her now. We are both mature, and we are settled in life. You're only twenty nine and I'm sure you'd meet your mate soon." I said to him with all seriousness.

"My wolf thinks the same way. instead of me consoling him, he consoles me." I roared a laughter at that. We are meant to console our wolves but his was comforting him. So that was funny. Adrian joined us wanting to know what my laughter was about. When I filled him in, he couldn't stop laughing either. And that was how most of the night went. Us reminiscing old times.

"Adrian bring your little girl into the palace tomorrow. I'd like her to meet the kids for a play date or something. You know that thing kids do."  Laurent laughed this time around.

"That thing kids do?  How can you say that George? You seem to have forgotten what you were like as a kid."  Adrian nodded in agreement.

"Bring Lucy over so you could introduce her to Mira."  I added before I was dragged off by Yeon Ok.

"Father, do we really get to choose what school we wish to attend? Because after what happened with that 'little miss know it all' I'm not sure I'd like to go to the same school with her and her friends."

"Yes daughter, the choice is all yours to make. But how about tomorrow you visit the schools available in the areas around us to decide where you want to attend."  I told her and JinJoo nodded liking that.

"Yes father, that's a good idea, we like it." Geum said walking over.

"But we're going shopping with grandmother and great grand tomorrow".  Yeon Ok complained.

"Ok you go ahead and shop with mother and grandmother, whenever you're done, I'll take you to see the schools." There were chorused "YES"  so that settled that.

I took my family inside to show them around and have them choose their bedrooms. The east quarters housed princes usually but due to safety reasons, I had my princesses stay there as well. It was closer to mine and Mira's room. I just wanted all of them nearby.