Chapter 5

Summer's POV

Why couldn't I catch a break. Seriously!?

After walking in and recovering from my mild shock, I found that not only is Mary a woman of her word but also that her daughter seemed to be able to get along with my sister better than I did, finding them chatting away like they had known each other most of their lives while making cupcakes. Yep, cupcakes!!

"Uh, yes I'm Summer and it seems you've already met my sister Lilly." Was all I could come up with.

"Yeah! Sorry if I came a bit early, my mum didn't tell me you had work till now. But when I turned up, Lilly was such a sweetheart, letting me in and being the perfect hostess. You have just the sweetest little sister. I am so jealous. I have two younger brothers and one younger sister, and they are all annoying little devils. Anyways, we were just about to add the eggs, did you want to help?"

"Uh, thanks, but I don't think-" I was cut off by Lilly.

"No, Summer doesn't like to do anything that's fun, so don't even bother." Lilly mocked bitterly, reigniting my anger from last night.

"You know what? Sounds great, let me just get cleaned up then I'll come help." I told them before, walking into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me then turning to lean against the sink. I was just so tired and I looked it, the beginnings of dark circles beneath my eyes, my eyes lifeless stared back at me from the mirror. I stood there for a moment, just staring at my tired reflection. I was done. I just wanted today to be over and forgotten so I could move on and pretend it never happened. But I couldn't do that so with a sigh of annoyance, I turned on the water, to splash some in my face before I pushed myself back up, tied my hair up and then headed back out into the kitchen where Lilly, Indigo and a whole lot of cupcake mixture waited.

*****

Over the course of the next few hours I learnt quite a few new things: 

One; I quite enjoy making cupcakes, almost as much as I enjoy eating them,

Two; Indigo is actually really nice, despite her tendencies to exaggerate and over-react as well as being all-round crazy most of the time,

And three; Indigo is a super fangirl, of a lot of things.

"You've never watched Twilight before?! Or the Hunger Games, or Divergent?! Or HARRY POTTER!?" We were currently all sat in the living room taking the time to appreciate results of our hard work.

"Um, no?" I respond hesitantly, knowing her reaction was going to be something blown way out of proportion.

She turned to Lilly, "No, me either."

"You haven't even read the books?"

Glancing at each other, slightly concerned, Lilly and I turned back to Indigo shaking our heads.

After gapping at us for a full thirty seconds she claps her hands together, "No need to worry Summer, Lilly, I shall make sure to fully educate you in all the things you have been ignorant too up until now."

"Ok then? Do I want to ask?" I ask anyway.

"I am staying over tonight, I shall bring my laptop and popcorn from home, all you guys need to do is prepare yourselves for a whole night of movie marathons. It's going to be a long night ladies, but do you worry, I shall make sure we get through it! I'll bring coffee." And then she was out the door.

"What the-" I started before Indigo was suddenly back.

"Also bring the mattress into the living room, this is going to be home base." And then she was gone. For real this time, I checked.