Zoe

The next morning, I woke up in my bed to loud noises coming from downstairs. I covered my face with the extra pillows that were laying on the bed, trying to muffle the noises but it was no use. I pushed the blankets back and stood up from the bed. I walked into the attached bathroom and picked up my hairbrush in order to make my hair presentable. I pulled on my pull-over and opened the door to my bedroom. As I walked down the stairs, I could hear that the noise was coming from the basement of the house. I went into the kitchen and got water in order to make coffee. I was just pushing the button to begin brewing the coffee when Joe walked into the kitchen. "Oh, I didn't know you were still here." he told me. I looked up at him and nodded slightly. "I mean, I knew you were here but I didn't know you were...here. I thought you went out for the day." he stumbled. I laughed. "It's fine Joe, I knew what you meant." I told him. He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Sorry if the noise woke you up, the guys are downstairs playing video games." he told me. 

"It's fine. It's 10:30 anyways." I replied, pouring my cup of coffee. He nodded, grabbing a bunch of water bottles out of the refrigerator. When he went back downstairs, I took my coffee up to my room so that I could start to get ready. I pulled a clean set of clothing out of the closet before closing myself in the bathroom. I turned the hot water on, letting it heat up before I got in. I ran my fingers through hair as I drank more of my coffee. Once the room had steamed up, I undressed and stepped into the shower. The water was extremely hot, so I turned the temperature down a little bit to make it more comfortable. I don't know how long I was in there before I finally decided that I needed to get out. When I turned the water off, the house was silent. I dried off and wrapped my hair in the towel so that it would begin to dry. I pulled on my clothing before opening the door to air the room out from the steam. 

I went and sat down on my bed, pulling my laptop onto my lap. I pulled up Pintrest, my secret obsession, and just browsed through the pins that i found under the DIY category. I had just pinned a DIY snow globe to my christmas board when there was a knock on the bedroom door. I quickly pulled my hair down out of the towel and ran my fingers through it so that it would lay flat. "Come in." I called, closing the lid on my laptop so that it would lock. I placed it next to me on the bed as Kevin pushed the door open. "Hey." I told him, playing with the ends of my wet hair. I avoided eye contact with him until he cleared his throat, causing me to look up at him expectantly. "How are you this morning?" he asked me. "Fine. You?" I asked awkwardly. I'm not quite sure what he was getting at but I knew that it had to be something about what happened between us the night before. "Ok." was all he told me. "I just wanted to let you know I was going to get coffee and offer to pick something up for you if you wanted some." he told me. "Sure, whatever is fine. I'm not picky." I replied. He nodded quickly before closing the bedroom door.  I could hear him walking away from the door and down the stairs. 

By the time Kevin had gotten back, I was just about falling asleep on the couch.The line must have been really long. Kevin handed me the cup of coffee before going into the kitchen. I looked at the cup to see what he had gotten me before taking a drink. The Pumpkin Spice Latte was like heaven on earth as I swallowed the drink. I sat the coffee down on the table and stood up to go to the kitchen. "Kevin?" I asked. He looked up at me from the newspaper. All of a sudden I began to feel self conscience  due to the way he was looking at me. "N-never M-mind." I stuttered, reverting back to my timid personality. I turned to walk out of the kitchen again when Kevin called my name gently. I looked back at him. "What's wrong?" he asked me. "I'm sorry for lying to you." was all I told him. "I'm going to go for a walk. I'll be back later." I told him, grabbing my coat and keys. "Do you want me to come with you?" he asked me, setting his coffee and his newspaper down. "You don't have to." I told him. He stood up and grabbed his coat and our coffee before nudging me out the front door. 

I took my coffee back from him, wrapping my fingers around it for it's warmth. It was quiet for a few minutes as we just walked. "Did we wake you up this morning?" he asked me. I nodded. "Yes, but it's alright. My alarm never went off." I replied, taking a sip of my coffee. "Kevin, about last night..." I started but was cut off. "You already apologized, you don't have to do it again." he told me, taking my free hand into his. "Kevin really, I am sorry. I should have just told you about what happened with Matt." I told him. Kevin silenced me again by pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back, having missed this feeling even though it was only one night. He tried to pull back, but I grabbed his scarf and pulled him back to me. "Alex." Kevin mumbled between kisses. "Hmm?" I asked, pulling away slightly. "We're in public." he told me, brushing strands of my hair back behind my ears. "So?" I asked him, trailing my fingers across his jaw line. I could see something flash in Kevin's eyes for a split second before it disappeared. 

"You never know when a paparazzi could be taking pictures. I mean, if you want the whole world to have a picture of us making out then fine." he told me, kissing me again. I pushed him back slightly, knowing that he won. He laughed. "Don't let this go to your head Jonas." I told him continuing to walk ahead of him. I heard him jog to catch up with me a few moments later. "Kevin?" I heard someone ask from beside me. I turned to look who had called his name. "Hey Zoe." Kevin told her as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. I looked over hair perfectly straight blonde hair and her slim figure. I noticed how tight her dress was as well as how high her heels were. "I haven't seen you in so long." she told him, keeping her arms around his neck. Kevin cleared his throat nervously as he stepped away from her slightly. "Yeah, we went on tour and now we are on a short break from it." he replied. "Zoe, this is Alex." he introduced as it became silent. I could see her scrutinizing me. "It's nice to meet you." I told her, trying to be nice to this girl. "Pleasure. Are you and Kevin dating?" he asked straight out. I nodded. "Yeah." I voiced. 

I looked at Kevin to see his reaction to this whole situation. He looked completely uncomfortable. "Girl, you are going to love him. Take it from someone who knows." she told me, as she clung to his arm. I felt jealousy for the first time in ages. Never once did I feel this way when Matt had his old girlfriends around or if we seen them on the street. To be honest, it kind of hurt to see her clinging to him and the fact that he is doing nothing to change that hurts as well. "I have to go pick up a few things from the store. I'll meet you back at the house Kevin." I told him, kissing his cheek. I knew that he wanted to say something to me, maybe even stop me from leaving him with Zoe, but at the moment, I just wanted to get away from her. Instead of going to the closest store to the house, I decided to go to the one a few blocks away. When I finally got there, I took my time picking up coffee, hairspray, and toothpaste. I had just gone through the check out when my cell phone started to ring in my coat pocket. I looked at it to see that it was Kevin. 

"Hello." I said, picking it up. "Hey, are you still at the store?" he asked me. "I'm about to walk out now but I went to the one a few blocks away." I told him, wondering if Zoe was still with him and about what had happened after I left. "Good. I'm outside." he told me as I hung up the phone. I sighed and walked out of the store to find Kevin leaning against the wall of the building. When he noticed me, he quickly came up to me. "I'm so sorry about her." he told me immediately. I brushed his apology off, deciding to just let the whole thing go. "You're fine." I told him. He took the bag out of my hand and carried it for me. "You know that is not that heavy. I could have carried it." I told him. "I know. I wanted to carry it for you." he replied. I nodded. "Do you want to go out with me tonight?" he asked me, lacing our fingers together. I looked up at him. "Sure. What do you have in mind?" I asked him. "It's a surprise." he told me. I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder as we walked home.