Chocolate Ice Cream

"Are you hungry? I can always order something in." he told me. I shook my head. "I'm good Kevin. You have already done enough for me." I told him, setting the brush down onto the bed. "Alex, I would have done that anyways. No woman should ever have to go through that." he told me. I nodded, looking away from him in case I started to cry. Kevin walked closer to me and gently pulled me into his chest. I couldn't help it as I started to let the tears fall, letting my emotions catch up to me after everything that had happened tonight. "It's alright." Kevin told me quietly as he rubbed circles into my back. "I did everything I could to be a good girlfriend. I don't know what I did wrong." I sobbed, no longer filtering what I said.

Kevin pulled back to look at me. "Alex, you didn't do anything wrong. He had no business treating you like he did, no business laying his hands on you in any way. He is the one who screwed up, not you." he told me sternly. I nodded slowing, thinking about waht he said to me. "I loved him." I whispered, tightening my grip on Kevin's shoulders. Kevin didn't say anything to that, as he pushed my wet hair away from my face where it was clinging to my skin. I wiped the tears away from my face, suddenly feeling embarrased that he was seeing me like this. "I'm sorry, I know you don't want to hear that. That was a stupid thing to say." I told him, pulling away from him. "Alex, your alright." he told me again. I nodded. "I know." I told him. he nodded slowly.

"Are you hungry or anything?" he asked me again. I nodded. "A little bit. Do you have any ice cream?" I asked him shyly. He smiled and shook his head. "Yeah come on. I hope your okay with chocolate." he told me, hiding a smirk. "Are you kidding? That's my favorite kind." I told him. "Good because that's all you are getting." he told me playfully. I shook my head. Kevin took out the ice cream, two bowls, and two spoons before placing the items on the table. I opened the ice cream carton as Kevin got the ice cream scoop. I watched as he filled both bowls before putting the carton in the freezer and the ice cream scoop in the sink. Kevin sat down next to me and pulled his ice cream closer to him.

I brought the ice cream to my lips slowly, savoring the taste of the chocolate. Matt never let me have this, he hated the taste of chocolate anything. "Good?" Kevin asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I nodded. "Yeah, I haven't had any in a while." I told him, smiling. He smiled back. I smirked to myself as I looked back down at my ice cream. I looked at my spoon and then back up at Kevin. I quickly covered my spoon in ice cream before quickly dragging it across Kevin's cheek. Kevin looked at me shocked as I started to laugh at him. I saw him fighting back a smile. "What was that for?" he asked me as he went to wipe the chocolate ice cream off of his face. I grabbed Kevin's arm, stopping him from getting rid of my masterpiece. He looked at me quietly for a second as I studied his perfect features. I quickly pulled my hands away from him and stood up.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I told him, running from the room. When I got back to the guest bedroom, I closed and locked the door. I leaned against the door quietly letting myself calm back down. I cannot under any circumstances get attached to Kevin. I'm not ready for this, at all. Just because I left that house doesn't mean that Matt is going to dissapear from my life completely. I walked over to the bed and pulled the blankets back. I turned off the lights in the room before curling up under the blankets. Kevin never came back up to the room. About an hour later I finally fell asleep.

The next morning I slowly stretched myself out. I stared at the ceiling for a while before sitting up in the bed. I looked around at the room slowly. It was a beautiful room, especially for a guest bedroom. I pulled on a pair of clothes before brushing my teeth slowly. I brushed the knots out of my hair before slowly going downstairs. I grabbed my jacket and a pair of shoes before leaving Kevin's house. I slowly walked around the block, trying to clear my head. It was a beautiful morning. A little while later, I looked at my phone to see it was coming up 12:30 in the afternoon. I made my way back to Kevin's house. When I opened the door, I heard the TV on downstairs.

I hung up my jacket and kicked off my shoes before carrying them up to my room. I set them down gently before going to look for Kevin. I made my way down to the landing before continuing down into the basement. When I got down there, I cautiously peered into the room from the doorway, not really sure about what I was going to find. "Kevin?" I asked. He turned around quickly before searching for the remote to the TV. When he finally found it, he hit the mute button before looking back up at me. "Where did you go?" he asked me. "i went for a walk to get some fresh air." I told him, not understanding why he really needed to know where I was going. He nodded slowly for a second before pushing his hair out of his face. 

"I was just worried." he told me. I looked down at my hands for a moment before going over to him. He moved aside so that I could sit next to him on the couch. "There is no need to be worried. I'm fine. It was just a walk." I told him, playing with my fingers. He didn't respond to me. "What was that last night? You just ran off before I could say anything." he asked me. "It was nothing." I told him, turning away slightly in my position. Kevin gently took my hand. I looked up at him for the first time since I sat down next to him. "You can tell me." he told me. I searched his eyes quietly for a few minutes. I could see him getting fidgety, not knowing what is going on inside my head. Before I could stop myself, before I could even think about what I was doing, I pushed my lips up against his roughly, immediately moving my hands to the back of his neck.