Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nathan left not long after that, I’d had a really good time with him but I just felt confused about a lot of things. First, why me? Second, did he want friendship with me, or more? Thirdly, did I want friendship or more? Fourth, if it did lead to more, what did it mean for us? With both our careers and everything. Can you see why my head was everywhere?

However what I will admit, was that I was excited for tonight. Want to know why? Nathan was doing a gig with the boys at some sort of club in London, and he’d asked me if I wanted to go to watch and meet the boys. Heck I was going to see them in a full set concert for the first time, and was buzzing! Not going to lie! I wanted to do a little happy dance around the room. I thought about it for a second and stood up doing a little jig in my bedroom, no-one was going to see me so why not get loose?

After my little dance interpretation I went into the kitchen to make some tea and breakfast and sat watching the news, there was nothing interesting really. It was mainly depressing but I did notice there was something going on in Iraq, and I felt like I should keep up to date with any uprising conflicts giving the situation I’m in. I knew that I could be diploid there or anywhere else at any point and I wanted to know why I was going.

I didn’t really have anything to do up until six tonight when I was getting picked up, I didn’t know if specifically Nathan was picking me up but I knew if not I would meet him there, I mean I would understand because he probably has to do a sound check or fan meeting or something.

~

I spent way too long watching a TV series, Sandy had recommended the Pretty Little Liars series and after the first episode I’d watched this morning I’d been hooked, watching six more back to back. It was unhealthy but man it was good! I loved the whole thriller/mystery aspect to it. At half four I’d rushed into the shower and spent slightly longer in there than I was intending, but give me a break it felt so good!

After that I dried and styled my hair, added some make-up and brushed my teeth, before slipping on a lace top, short skirt and mini wedges. It was a bit more fancy than my usual jeans and tee, but I figured it’s not every day you got invited to a gig by one of the band members so I may as well dress up a bit right?

When my doorbell rang I have to admit I was kind of nervous, I mean what if the other boys didn’t like me? I mean I’d briefly met them at the gala but I hadn’t really had a proper conversation with them. I took a deep breath, grabbed my bag and glanced at my reflection in the mirror before going over to answer the door.

It wasn’t Nathan who stood behind the door, it was an oldish man I’d never seen before. “Miss Spencer? I will be chaperoning you to the event tonight, if you would like to follow me” he smiled, I nodded kind of shocked that I had a chaperone, I mean since when did that happen?! I turned around and locked the door before turning back to the direction of the road, where for the first time I noticed a black Bentley waiting for me, I smiled, maybe this night might just top all these ideas swarming my mind.

When I got in I noticed I wasn’t the only one riding in it, but neither were the boys, two girls smiled at me as if to welcome me. One was fair skinned with blonde hair and red lipstick, the other tanned with jet black hair and a nude lipstick. “Hi” I smiled still unsure of who they were, I presumed they knew the boys otherwise they wouldn’t be here. “Hey I’m Kelsey, Tom’s girlfriend” the blonde one said waving over, I quickly said another hello and turned to the second girl, I guessed she was another girlfriend. “I’m Nareesha, Siva’s girlfriend” she did look like she would be a good match with him, I couldn’t really imagine her with anyone else. “I’m Hannah” I smiled not sure if they knew my name already, I settled in my seat as we made our way towards the venue.