Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Getting back from patrol to find a letter waiting for me was always one of the most exciting things to happen to me throughout the day, if not the best. It was made even better when I recognized the typical scruffy male handwriting from Nathan. Grinning with excitement I grabbed a pen and spare paper and envelope, along with the letter from Nathan and headed outside to my favourite spot where a single bench overlooked a whole lot of nothing but nature. It was so peaceful and I liked the privacy when I was reading something so personal.

With excitement I ripped the envelope open and unfolded it scanning over the words before going back and reading the whole thing again properly.

Dear Hannah,

I’m currently on a tour bus travelling west somewhere in the USA, were doing ten dates over here so I’ll add the address of our US management team so you can send a letter over here. So far it’s all going well, Jay fell over on stage last night and Tom forgot the words, but what do you expect ay? You know what they’re like. I’m having a really good time travelling to new places and performing for the fans, the only thing I’m missing is you.

I didn’t realise how hard it was going to be to be away from you, it’s really hit me. Once your tour has finished you’ll have to come on the road with me and the boys, I know you’ll love it and it will make one very happy Peachpuff.

How is everything going over there? Your sister told me that Codie is back in the UK because she’s expecting Daniels baby. That’s such great news for her! I bet it’s a bit weird with just Sandy out there now, hope it’s not too lonely.

I’ve been working on a song that I think might interest you! ;) It has something to do with Crimson, I don’t know if you have any idea what that is?!  I’ll give you a little preview next time I see you, I hope it won’t be long until I see you! Miss you like crazy! Lots of love, Nathan xx’

I wiped away a stray tear, god I missed him and the rest of my family so much. Moments like this where I felt home sick, would jump out at me and take me by surprize. One moment I was so happy and the next I was crying because I missed them so much. I decided not just to write a letter back to Nathan, but also write one for my family, Codie, Sandy and the boys. Not that I would send them, but like Daniel had done, leave them in a place where they would be found if something were to happen – not that it would, it was just a precaution.

Firstly I wrote a letter back to Nathan, it always felt so easy to write to him because I felt so myself. ‘Dear Nathan,

It sounds like you’re having a great time on tour with the boys, you must have had a laugh at their expense, or at least I hope you did! I’m now seriously intrigued to this song you’re working on, any hints or maybe lyrics?

I’m so happy for Codie too! I know that it’s going to be hard bringing up a child on her own, but she won’t be alone that’s the main thing, we’ll always be there to support her. It sounds like you’re getting along with Ella pretty well then? I’m glad, it means a lot that my amazing boyfriend is accepted so well by my family, you’re both some of the most important people to me.

We’ve been out on patrol a lot lately, it’s not too bad but there’s always that fear inside of me that something could go wrong. But that will always be within me, I’ve just got to get used to it. I mean what are the chances that something bad will happen? Not very high.

I miss you like crazy too, you honestly have no idea! Sometimes it gets lonely out here, but I’ve got Sandy and you guys are always in my thoughts so I’m okay, and I really mean it. My life has been so amazing since you’ve come into my life, I don’t regret anything.