Chapter 3

After I had gotten home I was dead tired. I couldn't help but going straight to bed after I showered and ate. I woke up, I looked at the clock next to me. It read 10:05am. 'Great, I need to hurry' I said to myself making my way out of my bed. Seeing as though I had showered the night before, I didn't need to shower again. So I just got dressed and did my hair and makeup. Sweats, a messy bun, and some waterproof mascara. I probably looked gross but I didn't care. I went to the kitchen to see that my mom had prepared food for me. I saw her loading the dishwasher. Though we lived underground technically, we still had modern usage; running water, electricity, heating, and air conditioning. I thanked my mom for the food then began to burrow. The sweet taste of soft fluffy cream pancakes filled my mouth, creating outstanding sensations. The last time I had eaten was mid afternoon the day before. So the delectable food felt like a symphony in my mouth. "What are we doing today??" I asked my mom as I finished up eating. "Well Lacy is over at Chase's house so they could play. And you have combat training from 2:00-6:30. But other than that I don't think we really have anything today." She answered very sure of what she was saying. "Hold on. You're telling me that I have to vigorously train, for four and half hours!?" I asked frustrated, and my voice cracking on the last word. She paused for a minute to look up at me, then replied," I'm afraid so. But hey you got to sleep a long time." I'm sure she meant it to make me feel better but it didn't work. I walked over to the dishwasher and put my plate, cup, and fork in it. "Thank you," my mom said putting the last few dishes in. 'I don't want to go!!' I screamed in my head. I walked into the living and lazily flopped onto the couch in frustration. My mom walked in soon after then said," you could go check on Lacy if you want." While she said this her eyebrows were raised, which confused me. "Why??" I asked puzzled. My mom let out a laugh. "Because then you could talk to Kasey," she said with her eyebrows still creepily raised. I rolled my eyes then glared at her. "I think I will go check on her. But to get away from you," I said as I sauntered off. "Oh whatever," my mom said laughing. When I got there I was greeted by Kasey. Apparently he really likes opening the door. We only had like an hour and a half to talk because of stinking training. Kasey and I were sitting in the kitchen when Dillon walked in. "Are you teaching today??" I asked as he got a water bottle out of the fridge. He laughed then said," yeah. That's why I'm here today. I only had to work one shift so I could be at my best for the long training session." With slight anger I asked," I have two questions; why are you teaching? And why on earth is it four and a half hours??" "I'm teaching because today we are working on offense moves. To answer your second question; I'm not really sure." He said shrugging. "Great," I lowly muttered to myself. "Will Ray be there today??" I asked concerned. Ray's actual name was Loraine, and she wasn't all that bad. I mean we pretended to be friends but there was a mutual understanding that we would never would be. She was sweet, but put on a different show to different people. Ray was two faced, and only showed people her nice, sweet, angel side. Which knowing her, was not the truth at all. "I think she'll be there for the first two hours," Dillon answered honestly. 'WHY!?' I shouted in my mind. I held back real screams. After that I went home to get ready for training. I walked to the big meeting hall and everyone was there. The adults were instructing Dillon on what to do and teach that day. "So I am going to train you today, and Will will be my co-captain so to speak," Dillon stayed professionally. "First and foremost we will be starting off with a fight." I was shocked with this. We usually never fought, and when we did, it was always at the end of training. "The first people who will be fighting; Elle and Ray." When he announced this my tummy swirled. Not because I was nervous, but because she had a three inch advantage over me. "Why her??" I asked accidentally, not meaning to say it out loud. Dillon just looked at me. Then Ray asked,"yeah. Why me??" Dillon ignoring us said," get in position." So we did. "Go," he boomed. Thankfully for me I had trained, fought with, and had seen her fighting. I knew her tricks and techniques. I struck first, forward jabbing her in the throat. She began to cough, so I took the opportunity to side kick her stomach. I didn't really want to hurt her, but I knew I had to win. She right hooked me, which cause me to stumble a little. Then I cross jabbed her nose. She quickly forward jabbed my lip, which caused it to bleed. The winner is the one who gets the other person on the ground for over three seconds. I left hooked her which gave her an almost instant black eye. She stumbled. Since she was dancing around so much I couldn't tell where she was at. She came up behind my to choke me. I stomped on her left foot, with my elbow I slammed into her side, then threw her over my shoulder, causing her to fly and face plant. Seeing as though she was already on the ground, I ran up to her and kicked her back (really) hard to ensure that she was staying down. And so she did.