Chapter 10

As soon as I walked into the house I got bombarded with questions by my mom. I explained everything. Well almost everything. I left out the parts about me crying and Sam's parents melting down, but other than that I told her everything. I headed to my room and I began to pack. I had at least a four day journey ahead of me (if not more.) I was scared, but curling up in a ball, bawling my eyes out had helped. I was stronger. I had decided it was a turning point for me. I was going to fight. As soon as I was done packing I stripped and hopped into the shower. The warm water on my back soothed my worries. I was determined to make my brother see what a fool he was. I had to fight. But even more than that, I had to win. I knew the only way that we could possibly win was by working with, trusting, and helping out Will. I had wished like everything that the board leader people would reconsider and make Kasey my partner. But it didn't turn out that way. In the shower I had a random realization; Will said that he loved me. This made my heart sink. I always thought that I would only ever love Kasey. Who knew I was going to fall for his older brother too? I certainly didn't. In that thirty minute shower I took, I reevaluated everything concerning Kasey and Will. When I was terrified in the dark when Dillon pulled me in, Will helped keep me calm. Though I was under the impression that it was Kasey's hand I was holding, it was actually Will's. He had risked me being angry at him (because he tricked me,) to help comfort me. He had done it not for selfish or lust-full reasons, he did it because he loved me. Though I knew Kasey would take a bullet for me, he had never done anything like that. I then felt tremendously bad for lashing out at Will. I needed to apologize and say thank you. I was just so prideful, I felt embarrassed. But I was going to do it anyway. Will had spared me from a mental breakdown, and for that I was great full. I still thought I deserved more than an apology, but Will certainly deserved one too. I got out of the shower and changed into pajamas and French braided my hair into two braids. I then said my last goodnight to my family and then went back to my room. On my bed I saw the little folded paper that Sam's mom had given me. It was a definite temptation so I put it on my dresser. I laid on my bed trying to fall asleep. My mind was racing, my thoughts were spinning;  I couldn't fall asleep. It was the longest night of my life, but finally, I fell into a deep sleep.