Chapter 9

"So, what'd you think?" Matt asks me as we stand from our seats. I stretch slowly, enjoying the way the numbness in my legs subsides.

The movie just finished and the lights have been turned back on in the theater. Nathaniel, just as Matt said, had been talking April's ear off throughout almost the entire film explaining every character and their "Importance to the force."
Sadie kept nudging me and asking for the time in hopes the movie would end, and Mark almost fell asleep three times. Almost, because Nathaniel punched his arm every time he saw his friend doze off.

"It was..." I struggle to find the exact words on what I thought about the very long movie. "Interesting."

Matt stops walking to turn and smile at me "You hated it."

"I did not!" I really didn't, it wasn't that bad. "I just didn't really understand much."

"Really?" He laughs. All six of us are walking out of the theater now to the main part of the movie theater. "Even with Nate explaining every detail."

April swings an arm around me with a groan, "Literally, every detail."

"Hey! If it wasn't for me, none of you would've understood the movie!" Nathaniel speaks up from behind us.

"Maybe, but at least I would've slept." Mark says as he shoves his hands in to the front pockets of his jeans.

The whole movie theater was packed full of people because of the new Star Wars movie everyone was raving about. There were kids and adults dessed in all sorts of costumes and my eyes couldn't stop wandering from person to person at how much detail they put into their outfits.

Although, there were these group of guys that wore plain brown khakis and T-shirts with worn out leather brown boots. Matt explained that they were supposed to be "Wookiee's", those furry creatures in the film.

"I really liked it." Matt says from next to me as we walk across the room towards the arcade.

"I liked it too! I just don't understand the-" Sadie turns from walking in front of me and clamps a hand over my mouth.

"Please, don't finish that sentence." She says with pleading eyes.

"Why?" Matt raises an eyebrow at her.

"Because Nate will start rambling again and I cannot handle another word about that movie." I nod and she slowly peels away her hand from my mouth.

"Thanks." She turns back around and falls in to step with Mark who was eyeing the Foosball table across the room.

"So! What would you like to get beat at, Fields?" Matt smirks down at me, his eyes dancing with excitement.

"Beat at?" I scoff and shrug my long beige cardigan on, tired of carrying it any longer. "Please, Robinson. I could beat you in any game." I tease him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Oh yeah?" He mimicks my stance and stands close enough for our arms to touch. "Let's see what you've got, Fields." His emphasis on my last name again almost makes me giggle, but I keep a straight face for the sake of it.

Without a word, I turn around and spot an air hockey table right next to us. Totally empty. What made my confidence build was the fact that I was amazing at air hockey. Ann and I would play for hours on end in her basement and I would always win, for the past three years.

"Air hockey." I chirp and head over to one end of the table.

"Really? Pfft. I got this." Matt heads over to the machine next to us that dispenses the coins to use for the arcade. He slips in a twenty-dollar bill and grabs two handful of coins once they finished falling in to the tray.