Chapter 5

I know,  it took me ages >.< I'm sorry! Author's note at the end of the Chapter :) x

I wake up from the feeling of the sun's heat and bright beams of sunlight on my face. The warmth was pleasing but the light in my eye? Not so much. 

I lazily roll over on to my side and hide my head
on my fluffy pillow as the light follows me no matter where I turn in this bed.

"Sun," I mumble. "Why did you have to wake me up?" I try lifting my head after a few minutes of being cooked by the heat, but immediately I'm blinded once again.

"Thanks." I grab my pillow and throw it at the window. That obviously won't do anything, but it felt nice to feel my arm stretch from a long night's sleep.

Yesterday I stayed over at Sadie's house until ten o'clock printing flyers and brochures for the festival. The papers turned out pretty cool. They looked like scrolls from the yellow tint on the once white paper. April cut off the edges and speared them with wet tea bags to give the paper a burnt effect, which was much more noticeable once they dried. It definitely made them look that much more realistic.

The red ribbon's that we had to go out and buy were worth the driving around for two hours until we found a craft store open on a Sunday after 5 PM, because they just gave the whole pile of our hard work a beautiful touch of color. We decided to decorate the pieces of paper with red royal stamps on the bottom corner of the flyers that had "A Child of God" in gold letters in the center, and finished everything off with changing our font to cursive instead of our original plain old Arial.  

I also thought my eyes would be used to using a laptop for such a long time. But boy, was I wrong. From two o'clock in the afternoon I was fine.  By the time it was six, my eyes were burning.

I rubbed at my eyes as I sat up on my bed. Satisfied with not having the sun's light shining on my face anymore, I reluctantly untangled myself from the white covers and padded over to my window to pull the blinds down.

I went over to my bedside table and picked up my phone to check the time before hopping back in to my bed. Once I turned the screen on, I was satisfied that I took the brightness off last night because my eyes weren't up for the beams of using technology right now.

'Thank you so much for helping! Hope you have a good night!'

I read Sadie's text that she sent last night and smile. I reply with a quick 'No problem! :)' and continue to apologize for not texting back last night due to how tired I was. 

My smile quickly faded though, because just below her text was an angry face attached to Anne's name.  I quickly went into my messages to check what got her so angry and I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't directed towards me. Yesterday I didn't have time to text her. Nor did I want to check my phone on the lunch break we took while working on the flyers.  The laptop was enough to burn my eyes and that small one hour break we took just wasn't enough.

'I'm sorry that Garrett broke your nail polish, but he's only twelve.'  I reply back.

 'You say that as if he was a baby!'  She replies a second later.

I've realized that when Anne gets angry she texts very fast and replies extra quick. I always find it amusing. When it's directed towards me though, it's very intimidating. That's why I'm glad it isn't my wrong doing that caused her anger. But I do feel sorry for Garrett.

'That's because he is.'  I text and add a smiley face following it.

I put my  phone back on to it's charger and start picking today's outfit out for my meeting with the youth group leader, Matt.