Chapter 8

Amy's POV

"Are you guys ready to film the video?"

"Wait, no! I didn't fix my hair yet!"

"Someone stole my hairbrush!"

"Will you guys shut up? Someone over here is trying to sleep."

"Lauren, we have to shoot a video, you can't sleep!"

Yup.... as you can see, there is chaos in this hospital room. Christina had this idea last night that we should film a video announcing that we're taking another break from music and that we're not going to go on tour with One Direction. Everybody was fine about that idea, except for Lauren. She didn't want to appear in a video lying in a hospital bed. At the end, she gave in, and agreed on shooting the little clip in her hospital room.

Our brothers learned about Lauren's illness coming back shortly after we had our little talk with Dr. Knight. While some of the girls were comforting and talking to my sick little sister, Katherine and I walked out of the room and called the rest of our siblings. We told them everything that the doctor has told us, and they announced that they were going to be flying back to LA in a couple of days to wait for our mom to come back home.

We still didn't tell One Direction that we were dropping off of the tour. We were planning on shooting video first and then go talk to the guys, unless the boys watch the video first. Since Lisa brought her laptop and that the editing program that she usually uses is installed in her laptop, she said that she could quickly edit the video and then upload it.

Lauren's condition got worse during the night. All morning, she's been moaning and whimpering in pain. She couldn't sleep at all last night because of the pain. At breakfast, she wasn't capable of swallowing anything. She couldn't even lift up her fork because she was way too weak and tired.

"Okay, so now are you guys ready?" Christina asked all of us girls for the billionth time. I heard someone groan in annoyance behind me. I turned around and saw my youngest sister, Dani, with a pretty annoyed look on her face.

"Yes, we're ready." Dani replied back, a hint of fatigue and sadness in her deep and low voice. I think that she's sad because we have to stop doing what we love for a little while again, but she's definitely heartbroken because she knows that Lauren has to fight and struggle for her life again. I looked at her and she looked at me, and when our eyes met, I gave her a weak smile, and she returned one too. I then walked up by Lauren's side and got ready to film.

"Amy?" I heard my little sister's hoarse voice say. I looked down at her and she was staring at me with her big, adorable brown eyes.

"Yes?" I asked her, concerned. You know, it feels weird to say that I looked down at her since usually, I have to lift my head up to look at her face.

"I'm really tired." Lauren told me, sighing at the end of her sentence. She then grabbed my hand and started to play with my crooked fingers. She's way too cute.

"It's not going to take long. As soon as we're done filming, you can go back to sleep." I told her, in a reassuring tone, as I stroke her long brown hair.

"Promise?" she asked me in an adorable little kid voice, while she was still messing around with my fingers. I couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

"I promise." I told her as she gave me a warm smile. Well, tried to. She couldn't really smile that big. She says that it hurts too much. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged my little sister tightly.

"Amy, Lauren, ready?" Katherine asked us as I pulled away from my younger sibling. We both nodded at the same time and Christina pressed the record button and then walked to her place.