Chapter 5

JB stood mere inches away from me, observing the trainees just as I was. It unnerved me just being beside him. His presence alone made me feel insignificant.

He too, was staring at Hyun Ki. I could tell the boy disliked being watched. His red eyes flickered in our direction every so often, causing the concentration regarding his training to slack.

Dongwoo noticed his lack of effort, smacked him across the head. ''Concentrate, goddammit!'' Hyun Ki bowed in apology and resumed his attack on the punching bag.

I couldn't resist.

''Would you fix that stance!'' I yelled huffily. I felt JB's eyes burning a hole in my back. Dongwoo just raised an eyebrow.

Hyun Ki's eyes narrowed, looking royally pissed. ''Who the heck are you to tell me?''

I wanted to shout that I was his sunbae, as well as his future trainer, but held my tongue.

I grabbed him by the shoulders, turning him sideways while facing the punching bag. ''Would you rather your whole front to be exposed to the enemy? Not that I know personally, but I heard it hurts to get hit in the manhood.''

Hyun Ki turned a shade of red to match his eyes. I turned sideways facing Hyun Ki, taking a few experimental jabs.

''This posture defends your stomach and entire front better. Of course, just like any other technique, this posture has a negative side effect. In this case, it sort of disables the leg you are holding back for keeping your balance.''

I saw him trying to process this information.

''And also, if you are planning on staying on the ground, stand on the balls of your feet. It makes moving and dodging a whole lot easier.''

Hyun Ki eyed me with suspicion. ''Thank you...?''

''It's Zee.'' He nodded.

''Thanks Zee.''

Dongwoo was observing from a distance, smiling wryly. ''You know, you'd make a good trainer in your later years.'' I rolled my eyes. ''Surviving until my later years is an entirely different matter.'' Dongwoo eyes narrowed.

''JB was watching you.''

I stiffened. ''Let him. Maybe he'll let Jackson know...''

''Let Jackson know what?'' I whirled around to find JB standing there, arms casually crossed, as if he had been there all along.

''What do you want?''

He smiled, but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. ''Oh, pretend I'm not here. I'm just observing.'' My own eyes narrowed. ''Too bad you're disturbing our conversation. What is it that you're observing?''

He looked over my head, over to Hyun Ki and back to me. ''Just scouting Hyun Ki. Jackson asked me to.''

''So you listen to Jackson.'' He shrugged nonchalantly. ''Not really, more a favour for a dear brother. I just wanted to see what's so special about him for myself. But, disappointingly enough, I found nothing.''

I smirked. ''Then why don't you convince Jackson he's useless?''

JB eyed me with interest. ''I'll pass. But what I want to know, is why you want him. He can barely stand properly, let alone fight. There's plenty others here with potential. Yet both you and Jackson want him. Why? Pretty eyes?''

I looked back at Hyun Ki. Truthfully, I was tongue tied. Why did I want him as my trainee? Was it just to make Jackson mad? I felt guilty. The somewhat innocent boy would end up getting stuck in a fight between me and Jackson.