Chapter 4

Bambam was looking at me straight in the eyes, nursing a split lip. Unlike Yugyeom's death glare, Bambam looked rather surprised.

I was quite impressed myself. The cutie of GOT7 exceeded all my expectations. Well, I suppose he wouldn't be part of the group if he wasn't a great fighter.

I nodded in his direction as I walked by, a sign of respect for a good fight. He smiled... a porcelain doll with dimples. He looked so goddamn innocent with his big eyes and his bouncy hair...at least I knew better than to judge people by their looks now.

I left the arena, going in the direction of the medics tent. I had obtained a good few serious bruises myself.

The medics fussed over me, telling me to bend my arms in all sorts of directions to assure there were no broken bones. Eventually, after the applied what seemed to be every sort of cream in the place on to blooming purple patches on my arms and legs, I was allowed to go.

Even though my limbs hurt like hell, I wasn't going to miss out on training.

I slipped into the training room. It was a vast cavern, full of equipment that would usually be used by boxers, or athletes. Novices were practising their moves against each other. The trainers were shouting and scolding everyone, but the youngsters still looked like they were having a memorable time.

I gazed wistfully at them. If only I could go back to a time like that, where the fights weren't serious or life threatening. Only a game to be played whenever you felt like it.

A boy suddenly caught my eye. He loomed over the small frames of the eleven and twelve year olds by several inches. His hair was jet black, and it was shoulder length, tied back in a ponytail. The expression on his face was slightly wild, reminding me of Jackson.

The first assumption was that he was a trainer. That thought vanished when I saw he was in a fighting stance, a bad one at that,  against one of the other novices. The smaller boy was trembling slightly, unsure of what to make of the dark stranger.

Suddenly, the guy caught my eye, sending electric shivers down my spine.

Then I figured out why his opponent was trembling.  His eyes were red.

Not regular brown, not brown-red. They were crimson, the colour of red roses, or of freshly spilled blood.

I blinked and he tore his gaze away, facing his eleven year old opponent. The little boy jabbed at him suddenly, but the guy simply stepped to the side, looking bored. The smaller boy lost his balance, and hit the dusty ground with a thud.

The benches were occupied by others of my age group, waiting for the novices' hour to pass and to get to their training. When I walked by, the talk turned to whispers. I felt eyes on me as I walked towards Dongwoo, one of the trainers.

He'd lost an eye in a battle several years ago, but was still the most approachable of all the people I knew in the arena. ''Hello there girl. Long time no see.'' He ruffled my shorn hair. ''Change of hairstyle hmm?'' I grinned, nodding.

''So what do you think of this new meat?'' he asked, gesturing to the novices. I smirked. ''One word...children.''

''That one reminds me of you,'' he said. The girl he pointed to was short, and at first glance, sweet looking. She held the upper hand of a battle against a boy that looked twice as tall, and possibly three times as broad.

''Chun Ae's her name. A little fighter I picked up off the streets. I'd say wild cat would've been easier to persuade to listen.'' He guffawed at his own joke. ''But then again, you weren't a sweet innocent thing either. Looks are as deceiving as hell.''