Chapter 3

Personally, I wasn't even surprised to see him here. It wasn't unusual to find members of the arena in creepy alleys. ''Jackson,'' I breathed, narrowing my eyes.

''Stay away from her you idiots,'' he hissed at the last two guys standing, almost like a mother giving out to her misbehaving children, yet with a tad more venom. ''You're no match for our little princess here, despite what you may or may not have learned from me."

He circled me, his sculptured features mere inches away from my face. ''Zee...'' he whispered tauntingly into my ear. I was frozen, not from fear but rather curiosity.

He laid a hand on my arm and I yanked it away, making him smile. 

''Calm down, sweetheart. I won't hurt you. I'm...'' he lashed out with his arm. I blocked the hit millimetres away from my face. He nodded in approval. ''...just testing you.''

''I like you to be honest. You're not like those stupid, inexperienced sluts who come to our place for attention. Their choice of clothing, frankly, does not cover their bruises. But you...hmm, I don't even know what to make of you. A little bird told me your name is... Yoon Ah?''

I bristled at the name. He only laughed, the sound echoing through the alley. ''What a great name for someone like you. Innocent child.''

My fist was stopped before it reached its target. ''Careful now,'' he warned, twisting my knuckle slowly and painfully. ''I'm not Yugyeom.''

He made me feel like an kid in the grips of a predator and I despised feeling weak. I yanked my hand back, glaring. ''What do you want?'' It came out more shaky than I desired. He smirked.

''What I want? Oh that's easy...I wan't you.''

My heart stilled as he leaned closer towards me, our lips nearly touching. Thankfully defiance was always my thing. I headbutted him.

His goons stepped forward as their leader reeled backward, clutching a bloodied nose. I readied myself for a fight. ''Stop,'' Jackson's voice rasped, breathless. 

His men stepped back and I saw that he was laughing. Blood dripped through his fingers, staining both the ground and his shirt, red against the white cotton.

He looked at me appreciatively. ''Very nice.'' I spat in his direction. ''Get away from me, you son of a bitch,'' I growled.

''Easy there sweetheart. That wasn't actually what I wanted. That would be a lie, really but let's just say it wasn't my intention for this visit." His eyes twinkled wickedly." I have a proposal. We want you to join GOT7.''

Even his men looked shell-shocked. ''Very funny,'' I muttered. ''If you don't have anything else stupid to do or say, I'm leaving.''

Jackson grabbed my arm, and an electric current passed through me. ''You're not going anywhere, until I say so,'' he hissed, now impatient. For the first time, I actually felt a pang of fear.

''And you will do as I say or I will ruin that pretty little face of yours, you understand?'' he hissed, his eyes turning feral. I nodded weakly, cowering away as though a sheep in the jaws of a wolf.

He released me, satisfied. ''Good. You don't wan't me to lose my temper do you?''

''Go fuck yourself,'' I said calmly, and kicked him full force in the chest.

He crashed into the barrels behind him, the whole pile coming down on top of him. I heard his curses and threats behind me, loud and clear, but I was already busy. Running.

* * * * *

A purple flower was blooming on my face, as I looked at myself in the mirror of our grimy bathroom. It stood out against my pale face. My father was never an understanding person.