Chapter 19

It was past eleven in the morning but I was still lying on my bed with my body covered with the comforter pretending that I am asleep, I am not ready to see the preparation mom, Rumaisa and Rafia are doing for just a simple lunch we are hosting. Last night I made it clear that it shouldn't be big and excessive rather a simple lunch is what Abdullah bhai would be expecting but mom just shrugged me off. I really have to do something and cancel all of this. Though after fajar today when I went for jog since then I have been coming up with ideas but they are all just too stupid and there is this strange feeling, there is this urge of saying 'No' to whatever is happening, to just end this before a life get ruined in more than one ways but then there is another part of me which was thrilled and amused about what was happening. It's like fate once again is playing one of its game with me and like every other time I am scared of getting wounded up and getting defeated.

Suddenly I heard the door of my bedroom getting open and I shut my eyes, it must be mom she had been trying to wake me up from last two hours and as I don't have a habit of locking the door, it's just everyone's domain.

"Go on Dija, wake chachu." I heard a manly voice, it must be Murtaza. Shouldn't he be at work right now?

It's Sunday!

And then someone was tugging on the sheets, then I felt a light weight on the side my back was, that's how she gets on bed, grasping the sheets and climbing up. A small smile was on my lips on how she was trying to adjust herself and then I felt one tiny hand on my arms maybe she is focusing on something else because by now I would have been slapped multiple times.

"Oyai dija! Chachu ka mobile nahi! Chachu ko uthao!" (Hey dija! Not uncle's mobile! Wake uncle up!) Murtaza quickly came closer, I guess. Then I felt someone hovering over me and lose curls were trickling my forehead, I was trying hard to stifle my laugher and before I could wait further for her to call me or slap me, a finger was pocked into my eyes.

"Ouch dija!" my eyes fluttered open and quickly adjusting one arm behind her so she won't stumble down, I rubbed my eyes.

"Wi!" she shrieked, a cute toothy grin on her face and then she turned to face her father while continuously shrieking my name and then Murtaza gave her a high-five celebrating their mission of getting me up.

"Oyai dija! Where's chahcu's kiss?" I tried to divert her attention and then she turned to me throwing her arms around me. "Kissy, dijaa!" I said in a childish voice and successfully earned a kiss on my cheeks and then again she placed her head on crook of my neck while taking her thumb inside her mouth.

"You haven't taken her pacifier away from her, have you?" I looked at Murtaza, "You are a doctor you should know that it's not really beneficial." I shook my head.

"She won't sleep without it!" he shrugged "Okay usual pacifier speech apart, how does it feel to be back home?" he smiled widely sitting on the bed.

"Usual!" I shrugged, "I miss Pakistan more though." I smiled.

"Humara mulk hay hi itna zaburdust." (Our country is so great!) We both turned to Sabih who was standing on the door frame with a smug smile and soon Yahya joined him there too.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked to all three of them. They should be at their homes enjoying Sunday.

"Well your in-laws are coming we have to be here." Yahya replied with a shrug and the rest two agreed while I glared at him.

"They aren't my in-laws."

"Not yet! But soon to be in-laws." He replied throwing himself on my bed.