Night-Mare

Prologue

A little girl sleeps in her room; her parents are fighting downstairs like they always do. But this time it was different. They were even louder and were screaming and using violence as an answer. The little girl, however, was not asleep. She was awake and was frightened. She was only 3 years of age and did not know what was going on.

A strange figure came into the room. It was dark so the little girl could not see. She took a hold of her little lamb that she got when she was in the hospital with a disease. The lamb made a ringing noise, from the bell inside of it. The figure stopped in its tracks. Then it started walking over to the lamp next to her bed. The figure flipped the switch on and you could see that it was a young boy.

"It's ok." He said with a kind smile. "I won't hurt you, so there is no need to be afraid."

The little girl just sat there looking at the boy, still holding on to the lamb. His face was pale, and his hair was like snow; glittering in the sun when it was freshly fallen. And his eyes were like a pale blue, like the sky when it just rained. He was dressed in all black like he was a ninja, but the little girl sensed that she could trust the strange boy. She loosened her grip on the lamb and looked at the boy.

"What's the matter?" He said with a little worry.

"Mommy and Daddy are fighting. I'm scared..." She softly sobbed.

"I know it will be ok. I will stay here for you until you fall asleep." He said softly to the little girl.

She nodded her head and laid back down on her bed.

The fighting still went on within the household. This went on for many hours until someone drove away in a dark green Jeep. The fighting stopped and the house grew silent. When the little girl woke up she saw that the strange boy was not there anymore. She was sad that the boy left and she went into her playroom to play with her Disney character stuff animals.

12 years later...

I am currently living with my father. My mother supposedly drove off when I was three years old. And now I am living with my dad who works at an International Computer Software Company. And he has never taken me there once, you know like most parents would bring their children at least once. But anyways, we live in Synderville, Colorado.

My father is currently on a business trip, so I am home alone. We own a ranch, but there were no animals except for the horse we use over the summer. Over the summer I have a job to deliver some classified material over to the other side of town. So I really didn't get out much, and I am homeschooled. My father said I had to study the normal studies and then he thought for a while. When he finally made up his mind, he said I would go to a public school while he was away.

Maybe I could get some friends while he was away. He said he would be away for about two months and that Aunt Ginger would come over to make sure I was ok, from time to time. Maybe I can have some friends for once and we could have fun like all of the towns children did.

"Just remember, you absolutely cannot go into my office. If I find one thing disturbed then you will be severely punished." My father warned.

"Ok father. While you are gone would you like me to pick up anything?" I asked.

"No. You can stay home and do your studies like a good girl. Now run along and tend the garden that you have growing..." He answered.

And that is how he left. No note, no warning, he just left. I think that is how all of my family members are, they just get up and leave when they want to and don't leave any note that they have left.