Chapter 1

It's funny how everyone takes the nice people for granted. Everyone does that to me and I can't say it doesn't amuse me. It's hilarious.

It all shows how fake people are, which is why I don't bother trying to trust anyone. Ever since my parents died, I don't try to trust.

My parents were my last family members left. They showed me true love, and that is something I can't seem to find.

I had a friend and I even got the nerve to call her 'best' friend. I mean she was there for me when my parents passed away. Anyway, my point is, she was the most fake person alive. She played with my feelings and turns out all she wanted was my money.

Yeah I'm pretty rich, but that's something I'm not gonna tell anyone at my new school, which I'm starting today in exactly 2 hours and 7 minutes. Dear god help me.

I stood from my bed and headed towards my bathroom. I didn't want to be an orphan so I rented an apartment (a pretty big one) and I made a deal to live there for 2 years. So yeah I'm a 17 year old who lives alone.

I took a quick shower and did my business in the bathroom then quickly got out. The only thing covering me is my white fluffy towel. Let me tell you this towel is so freaking soft!

I walked to my closet and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, a simple v-neck shirt, a black sweater and my combat boots. But first, I of course, put on some underclothes.

Imagine if people didn't wear underclothes. Yuck. All the stuff would be jiggly.

I walked out of my apartment and walked down the sidewalk. I prefer to walk instead of buying some stupid car or motorcycle. Not even a bike. It's not really necessary anyway since my school is 2 blocks away from my apartment and my job is right next to my school.

I saw the school come to view. I would have gasped at the size of it, but I had already seen it before for a tour. Well here comes hell. School has always been hell since I'm too stupid to protect myself from the stupid people. I may give off a badass vibe, but once the 'popular' people find out I won't do anything to stop them from treating me badly, they'll make my life miserable.

That's how it has always been for me. I would fight back I guess.. but my fighting days are over. I have had to fight so much, I'm simply too numb to actually care if someone tries to murder me..

Wow, where is my life?

I walked up the school stairs, feeling the stares from people that were outside. People need to get a life instead of just staring at me. Haha, says the one with no life.

I opened the school doors and instantly everyone turned to look at me. The room grew silent. Ignoring everyone, I walked to the office- since I already knew where it was, it made my life easier. Not that I had a life.

I saw a sign that said 'office'. Opening the door swiftly, I walked in with my backpack still on my back. The office lady looked up at me, slightly glaring. She had blond short hair, bright blue eyes, and looked to be in her 20's. I looked down at my feet. I was nothing next to her. She's your typical Barbie while I'm just the random girl. You know the one with the brown eyes and long brown hair? Yeah that's me.

"Hi, I'm new and I-" She rudely cut me off.

"Don't care rag doll. I have to make a call so go sit and someone will help you later." I felt my blood boil at, not just what she said, but how she said it. You know what? Who the hell cares about being numb and fighting too much? Not me anymore. I'm tired of being walked all over. New Jackie is here.

"No, you're gonna help me now. You can make your call later, cause I don't give a shit about what you have to do. I only care for me so give me my schedule. My name is Jacklyn Grey." Every word came out more bitterly. Yeah so this was the meanest thing I've ever done or said, but honestly, I want to start fresh. Maybe the badass vibe I give won't be just a vibe.