Side Chapter: Snowy Day

I pressed my cheek to the cold window plane as I looked outside, small white flakes made piles of snow on the crowded streets of magnolia. Children of all ages ran down the stone streets with balls of the white snow in their hands while the adults seemed to want to stay inside from the cold atmosphere.

I jumped with excitement at the prospect of going outside, playing in the snow and making snowmen. I lifted my now cold cheek from the window and turned to look at the sleeping Laxus. I leaned over him while poking his cheek and he stirred slightly.

"Laxus. It's time to wake up" I whispered in a soft tone while still prodding at his soft cheek. He didn't stir after that and I started to shake him. "Come on Laxus, get up! it's snowing outside."

I screamed as his big arm circled around my waist as he turned over in the bed, bringing me down with him to lie next to him as he held me close. His ripped bare chest pressed against mine.

"Go back to sleep Lucy, it's to early" Laxus mumbled in his husky morning voice his breath warm against my cold cheek, making me blush as he pulled me closer when I tried to get back up, making our faces closer together.

"It's passed nine in the morning you idiot, we slept in!" I half yelled half whispered as I realised the time. He would never get up if I made him irritated.

"Argh, what's so special about snow anyway that I get this verbal harassing so early," Laxus said his voice this a sexy husky sound as he let go of my waist to pop up onto his elbows as he looked down at me.

"I always call you idiot, even at this time of day and the reason why today is so special is because I've never gotten to play in the snow before," I said with a small pout as I looked up at Laxus. He saw my sadness and realised I was telling the truth and sighed to himself.

"Fine, but don't complain when you slip and freeze that sweet ass of yours" Laxus said with a cocky smirk and I stuck my tongue out at him but I soon laughed and got out of the warmth of the bed to pick out a warm outfit, landing on a warm blue jumper and a pink skirt with warm leggings underneath. I slipped on my usual boots and walked over to the coat hanger, with a bounce in my step, to grab my coat and scarf, but Laxus stood in my way already dressed warmly with a smirk on his face

"But Laxus you said we could go outside" I complained wondering why he blocked my way

"You're not going anywhere without breakfast in that tummy," Laxus said pointing at me and I scowled. "I'm making eggs and bacon"

At the sound of that, I couldn't resist. I sat at the table while Laxus cooked up our breakfast in the kitchen and I could feel the excitement inside me bubbling at the thought of playing in the snow.

------

I smiled as we walked down the white covered street, my blue coat, pink scarf and gloves keeping me nice and warm, children laughing at their fun game of tag. The river had frosted over and some kids decided to ice skate. I was on the ledge, as usual, keeping my balance and I laughed as I looked over a Laxus' nervous gaze. He still wasn't comfortable with me walking on the ledge all the time, but we come to an understanding.

"You don't have to be nervous Laxus, I never fall and if I did the river is frozen over," I said pointing to the frozen water

"I'm not nervous about you failing in" Laxus said obviously lying before stopping his walk and walking closer to me "I'm nervous about you freezing to death" Laxus said as he pulled out a pink beanie and earmuffs from his fur coat pocket and putting them on me quickly before leaning into my ear "Besides if you fall, I will always be there to catch you"

I blushed, my face glowing a soft red from my ears to my cheeks. Laxus pulled away before I could fully appreciate his natural warmth, a thing all dragon slayers seemed to process, immunity from the cold. Laxus grabbed his warm gloved hand onto mine and we continued walking towards the park as I still blushed, the heat from my cheeks possibly treating steam lines from the cold. I slid my scarf over my nose to keep me warmer and hopefully cover my growing blush.