chapter 7

Chapter 7

-Rebecca’s point of view-

I can’t believe it, he asked me out… ah just thinking about it has me so excited but then I think about the fact that my parents have invited me to a stupid Sunday brunch today. I just hope they would stop thinking about business deals and money and reputation and just think about me, their daughter, their only child.

If they tried setting me up with Xander to try cheer me up then I would have been more than happy with them, but they asked me to help them seal a stupid deal for their crappy business.

But I guess they have never been the type to beat around the bush, they always went to the point when it came to stuff and they’ve never really lied to me unless it was necessary. I was just hoping that Clarissa and her parents would be there or maybe… Xander, that way I wouldn’t have to go through a stupid family brunch on my own.

But still I couldn’t wait for me and Xander’s day out, I wonder what we’re going to do on Friday. Ugh just thinking about it has me so excited…

I got out of the taxi and paid the nice man the fare and started walking towards my parents’ lavish house, like all rich people houses they had a fountain in the front, and they had loads of cars parked outside, trust me the garage had even more cars. It looked like a castle. I used to love living here but now I don’t anymore.

I didn’t realise that I’d stopped in front of the house until Bertram asked me if I was going to stand there all through brunch. It was quite embarrassing.

‘I hope there are other people there, please say there are Bertram or I’m just going to walk away…’

‘Yes madam, calm down you’re not the only one that’s aware of the tension between you and your parents so they invited your usual guests to ease the atmosphere. But please promise me that you’ll kiss your mothers cheek and shake your father’s hand when you go in there, show them that you’re trying…’

‘W-what, no! I don’t want to; please don’t make me, besides I’m not even trying that hard to get on with them and you know it’ I hit him lightly on the shoulder and he just chuckled at me.

‘Well just do it for me.’

‘Ugh, you know Bertram sometimes I just hate you.’

‘I love you too sweetheart. Here we are. You’re coat madam, enjoy brunch.’

I just looked at him as he walked away with my coat, he was always so calm about everything I just hated him for it… ugh I know he’s not going to be happy with me if I don’t do as he says. I walked into the room to see Clarissa, Marissa and Claude otherwise known as Mr Monteith. He was half French half American, and he was super handsome too.

I went up to Clarissa and gave her a small hug then went up to Marissa and did the same, I smiled at Claude and he winked at me, I went up to my mother and kissed her cheek as Bertram told me  and I shook my father’s hand. I was a bit disappointed to see that Xander wasn’t there; I thought he would have been invited…

I took a seat next to Clarissa and food was brought in, she was smiling at me weirdly and it got on my nerves.

‘What are you smiling at?’

‘Oh you know, you seem to be trying to get along with your parents, it makes me happy to see that. Oh and Collin asked me out too so I guess I have to smile…’

‘What! No way, wait a minute who’s Collin?’ her smile immediately dropped after that.

‘He’s Xander’s best friend and business associate, duh…’