Chapter One

A N: just a little something. Was meant to be posted yesterday but family, Christmas and all, sorry! I hope you enjoy this cheesy Buckin Christmas story.

MERRY (belated) CHRISTMAS!

And happy New Year!

............................................................................

The twinkling golden Christmas lights that decorated the fireplace was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened. Chris loved the yellowish hue it gave to their entire bedroom and it brought back treasured memories from so long ago.

His heart swelled with old and new emotions and the urge to see and touch Jonny became overwhelming. Still rather groggy from sleep, Chris let out a pleased sigh at the thought of Jon's warm body against him and he readily turned around in bed with all the intention of cuddling up to the person that meant the world and more to him, but he wasn't there.

Confused and considerably more alert, he sat up and looked around. "Jay?" he whispered, his voice still sounded raspy from sleep.

When he received no answer, he drew the duvet back and got out of bed, shivering slightly at the sudden changing of temperature. The lights in the bathroom were off, still, he opened the door and peered inside the large room. Toothbrushes and toiletries lay neat and tidy where they always left them, the tub on the opposite end had no signs of having been used recently nor did the shower in the corner of the room, his towel was still half-hanging from the laundry basket, as he had left it last night after their shared shower. Jon wasn't here. He returned to the bed, not caring to shut the door and picked up his iPhone.

6:32 AM

Chris frowned.

There was no noise coming from the rest of the house and it was unusual for Jonny to leave bed so early without telling him anything. It was still dark outside. Where would Jonny go?

Maybe the bastard is checking the presents under the tree. He thought with a little mental chuckle.

Despite knowing each other for almost twenty years, this was the first Christmas they would spend together and so everything was a bit new tradition-wise.

Well, it wasn't really the first Christmas they spent together, Chris recalled as those sweet memories resurfaced again and that deep magnificent feeling that always settled in his chest whenever he thought about that night 17 years ago returned.

With a smile, he rushed into the corridor, desperate to wrap his arms around him, "Jonny?" he hesitantly called out.

"Stay where you are," the other man uttered from downstairs. "I'll go get you in a minute."

A surprise! His giddy mind was already racing with the possibilities.

"Okay, Jay!"

"Just a minute, now."

Despite he tried, Chris could not contain his excitement. He moved on the spot, itching to walk the short distance to the top of the stairs and sneak a glance at what Jonny was doing, but he restrained.

He would not ruin Jon's surprise, on Christmas morning of all days.

"Happy Christmas honey!" he shouted eagerly from his spot in the middle of the hallway.

"Happy Christmas love!"

"Can I come down now?"

"No!" Jonny laughed and his insides tingled.

He couldn't be more in love with that man.

What they finally had now had been worth every tear, every lonely night and every moment of heartache he had gone through. It had taken them 16 years, but their relationship was without a doubt, the best thing that had happened to him. It was incredible to think that in a week's time they would be celebrating their first anniversary together.