Chapter Fourteen: Painful End

Diana:

I snuck out of the motel room while everyone was sleeping. I wasn’t going to lay there and dream about different solutions, I had one and I knew that it was much more probable to work than anything they came up with. I was ready.

   I was ready to give up my life for this Earth, even if I may not come back. The people on here meant much more good then they did harm and I’d been around long enough to know that. Sometimes you got a bad apple but there are usually a lot more good ones. So that’s what I was sacrificing myself for, those people.

   “Where are you going?” Castiel said behind me.

   Shit I said to myself turning around to face him. I should have known he wasn’t really asleep. “Out,” I told him pointing a thumb behind me. He glanced over my shoulder than back at me.

   “You’re going tonight aren’t you?” he asked me and I looked at the ground. Sometimes Castiel had a way of making you feel guilty without even saying anything.

   “I have to, y’know get it over and done with, save the world and all,” I told him shuffling my feet. “Plus, it’ll be better, no long goodbyes and the sooner the better.”

   He shook his head. “There’s still another way,” he whispered and I gave a small smile.

   “No, there isn’t you’re just trying to make me stay,” I said.

   “I could go with you,” he offered and I looked at him.

   “No,” I said firmly. “Stay here with Arty and Noko, because they’ll be pissed that I’m gone but not as pissed as my Mother will be. You kind of have to stay for them.”

   He nodded, “right.”

   “So goodbye than,” I whispered and he went to move closer as if to give me a goodbye. I put out my hand to stop him. “I’ll be seeing you.”

   “Right,” he said stopping. “See you after you go and kill yourself.”

   I nodded. “Yeah, after I die and come back.”

   “You will come back than?” he asked. “You’re sure?”

   I shrugged and began walking away. I wasn’t going to lie to him, but that didn’t mean I was going to tell him the truth either. He ran to catch up with me.

   “Hey!” he said grabbing my arm and stopping me. “If you might actually die please, don’t do this.”

   I ripped my arm away. “It’s not your decision to make, it’s mine. Plus I’m sure I’ll be back, there’s just a slight chance I might not make it.”

   “I won’t let you risk your life for some mortals who started the damn Apocalypse in the first place.”

   “Goodbye Cas,” I said stepping away from him and with all my might, disappeared from that spot. He couldn’t follow me, he had no idea where I was going, well he did, but I was going to detour for a bit, get him off my track.

   So I bounced around for a little while and when I felt that he’d have just given up I made my way to a gate of Hell. Where I set up my candles and began a small ritual.

   “Well, well, well,” came a voice behind me. “What’ve we got here?”

   I turned around slowly and saw some demons, holding Castiel, who was battered and bruised.

   “A little Amazon,” he said a little frightened. I tilted my head and stepped forward, he and his friends stepped back throwing Cas in between us. I knelt by him keeping my eyes on the demons.

   “Yup,” I stated. “You got an Amazon alright.” I brushed my hand over Castiel’s face, giving him some of my energy, before standing back up and fixing myself into a fighting pose. They took an involuntary step backwards. I saw Cas try to lift himself up but fall back down.

   “What’s a girl like you doing here?” he questioned moving forwards again.

   I tossed my hair trying to be brave. Not because I was fighting them but because Castiel was going to witness me stabbing myself. “Oh you know, just trying to make the world a better place.”

   He gave a wicked smile. “I didn’t think you girls got your hands dirty.”

   “No,” I agreed. “But there’s always a rebel.”

   “Yes I believe I knew that one,” he stated. “Ahh Lilith.” He gave a pretend sigh and I gritted my teeth. “Too bad she had to die,” he taunted. “She was so pretty.”

   “Yes,” I agreed again. “But hey, I’m not here to talk about my sister. I’m here to do some business, than I’ll be on my way.”

   “And what business is that might I ask?” the demon inquired taking another step forward. He was getting his nerve back, I had to act quickly.

   “Actually, it’s secret girl stuff,” I told him about to take a step backwards when he swung at me. I blocked and flipped him over. “But hey, I can deal with it later.”

   The other demons rushed at me and I pulled out my holy knife and slashed the first and rather lethargic one across the throat. His neck hissed and his body fell to the ground. The other one knocked the knife away from me and pushed me over. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Cas get up and stumble over to the knife.

   I pushed myself backwards, trying to get back into the circle to finish my job, but the demon grasped my leg and began to pull me back. I kicked him with my other foot and scrambled to the circle, only to realize that Cas had my knife. I turned around ready to shout for it when something plunged deep into my chest.

   Castiel stood there looking surprised and stressed at the same time. I looked at the handle seeing his hands on it and then I gazed into his eyes.

   “Come back to me,” he whispered. “Please.” Then he lowered me to the ground and allowed the blood to hit the floor. I felt myself being drawn into my body, like I would heal myself. But than I just popped out and watched as Castiel let a tear fall and the opening to Hell close with a sickening screech.

   “Hey sis,” someone whispered beside me. Lilith.

   “Hey,” I gave her a hug and she took my hand.

   “Doesn’t seem fair does it?” she asked.

   “What?”

   “That it’s not even our war but we have to die to start and finish it,” she said to me, I laughed.

   “Yeah,” I agreed and looked at her. “So… how do we get back?”

   Lilith hesitated before giving me a serious look. “Mother will have to make you a new body, it’s the only way. But I don’t know if she will, after all you did abandon her, if I have my stories correct.”

   My stomach plummeted. I needed Mom to recreate my body and allow me passage to it. Out of all my thinking, I hadn’t thought of that.

   “Come,” Lilith whispered.

   “I don’t want to,” I told her. It was true, I didn’t want to leave Cas crying over my lifeless body and where were those two other demons.

   “You mustn’t waste your time here, there are things we need to be doing on this end,” she stated.

   I looked at her, “What do you me?”

   She smiled. “Come.” And I went with her.

Alright, so although she closed the Gates to Hell there is still more of the story to write. So I hoped you enjoyed that and that you will vote and possibly comment.